Thread: Collapsible Stock/Buffer Tube Removal

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good info here.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake RAH View Post
    HOLY COW! If they don't know how to remove the buttstock from the receiver extension, then they maybe shouldn't be messing with the rifle at all!
    I 100% agree, the dumbing the tool down was a bad idea. I rarely use the newer non full circle one I have from Tony. Come to think of it I've only used it once on a Choate stock (looks like a Crane/LMT stock). I had to use the newer non full circle one because the full circle one wouldn't fit over the Choate receiver extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Snake RAH View Post
    I would like one of the ones like you have, but with an added slot for torque wrench. I've overtorqued the castle nut before, and when loosening, have had the "improved" RRA telestock wrench mangle the teeth on the castle nut.

I purchased this wrench from Bushmaster, but had the teeth slip on the castle nut.

The best combo wrench I've used is a Olympic one that Sully uses in his armorer's class. It has a regular CAR telestock end on it, but is beefier and longer than anyone else's, and has the wrenches facing the right way, so you don't booger up your hands.
    I'm going to have someone make me one like my Tonys full circle one but with a 3/8" & 1/2" torque wrench tab/breaker bar slots in it. I haven't seen Sully wrench, it sounds good.

This is the new DPMS wrench which Brownells sells for $28.00 (part # 231-000-229)

This new wrench made by Brownells looks promising but I haven't used one yet. The replaceable nubs that allow it to work on CAR and M4 stocks is a neat idea. It sales for $60 (part # 080-000-291) and the 3pk replacement M4 pins are $20, 3pk of CAR pins are $8
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    That DPMS wrench looks nice.

Here's the Olympic wrench:

Universal barrel wrench

It's considerably longer than the older Bushmaster one I have, and has more handle to grab onto. What I like best is the open end of both the barrel nut side and the carbine telestock wrench are facing the same way. Therefore, if you have the open side down to tighten a barrel, your hand isn't in the open side of the telestock wrench, and vice versa.
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have seen that wrench and may get one at a later date. I decided not to so far since the stock wrench end seems more for a CAR nut and not a M4 castle nut.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12