Thread: Packing an Eagle Med Pouch

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Packing an Eagle Med Pouch

I have an Eagle Med Pouch on its way from a board member. As much as I would like to standardize, pouch choice is driven by availability of quality used gear at good prices.

As with the other thread, how and with what are you packing your Eagle Med Pouch?

Pictures would be nice.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    I have an Eagle Med Pouch on its way from a board member. As much as I would like to standardize, pouch choice is driven by availability of quality used gear at good prices.

As with the other thread, how and with what are you packing your Eagle Med Pouch?

Pictures would be nice.
    Quik Clot Combat Guaze x 2
    CAT X 1
    NAR Emergency Trauma Dressing x 1
    NPA #28 French x1
    NAR Needleless Saline Lock Kit x 1
    NAR Raptor x 1
    NAR Boa x 1
    NAR Rolled Gauze x1
    NAR ARS Needle Decompression x 2
    NAR Hyfin Chest Seal x 2
    OB Tampon x 2

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Rogue7a-Thanks.

Which items go behind the two horizontal elastic loops on the side next to your body?

How do you use the vertical elastic straps on the fold-down helf? They look as if they are deigned for four-inch ACE bandages and four-inch kerlix rolls.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    Sub,

If you get a chance to shoot a pic and post I would appreciate it. I sold my eagle pouch a while ago and memory is a little fuzzy on layout.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
    Rogue7a-Thanks.

Which items go behind the two horizontal elastic loops on the side next to your body?

How do you use the vertical elastic straps on the fold-down helf? They look as if they are deigned for four-inch ACE bandages and four-inch kerlix rolls.
    I don't use those, except to hold the NPA and CAT and then make seperate bleeder and vascular access bags that I mark with pre colored tape. Let's me grab what I need out of a casualty's kit quickly. I like the old Eagle Bag better than the SO Tech one we get issued as it takes up less room. Plus you're issued 3 per SFLCS and if you use the zip loc bag concept, it let's the user transfer the contents between rigs easier.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue7a View Post
    I don't use those, except to hold the NPA and CAT and then make seperate bleeder and vascular access bags that I mark with pre colored tape. Let's me grab what I need out of a casualty's kit quickly... and if you use the zip loc bag concept, it let's the user transfer the contents between rigs easier.
    What is in your bleeder bag? Vascular bag? What size zip loc do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE G View Post
    Sub,

If you get a chance to shoot a pic and post I would appreciate it. I sold my eagle pouch a while ago and memory is a little fuzzy on layout.
    Here ya go. I put the TK-4 and PriMed with the IBD because they just don't fit well on the bottom loops

IBD w/slider; NPA w/lube and prep pads; catheter, all wrapped in three strips of white Scotch duct tape
    TK-4
    PriMed
    Two safety pins

Bottom

Tape roll and two sets of gloves
    Two 3-inch Kling gauze bandages
    One 3-inch wrap (4-inch would fit)
    Last edited by Submariner; 01-29-10 at 07:39. Reason: add question for Rogue7a

Feedback Score
    Email sent, you are not too far off from a solid setup and I dont see any real issue with what you have. I know you had mentioned wanted to standardize things to the OLAES you picked up and I think there is plenty of space for the OLAES to fit where the Izzy is now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Thanks, Mike.

Here is what he suggested:

I would use a OLAES 6 in place of the Izzy and I prefer the control wraps to a standard ace wrap. If it were me starting with that pouch empty I would go with:

OLAES 6
    Nasal
    Deco
    Primed Gauze
    TK-4
    Small control wrap x2 (Yes, the small is 4".)
    small roll duct tape
    gloves x 2

Since the OLAES has packing material in it you can use the primed gauze with one of the control wraps.

Your other option is to go with 1 control wrap and 1 hemostatic gauze (celox or quickclot).
    Here's how it ended up:

Vest Side
    6" Olaes; NPA w/lube and prep pads; catheter, and Two safety pins
    TK-4
    PriMed (2)

Bottom

Tape roll and two sets of gloves
    Two 4-inch ACE (will replace with TEMS Wrap from Mike G)
    QC Combat Gauze in pocket