Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of an FN FS 2000 ...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    A lot of people seem to be selling theirs lately. I've seen guys who were jazzed about it at first expressing serious instances of "Meh" now and looking to unload it to upgrade to something else.

Personally if I was looking to spend money on "something different" I would look really hard at FN's premier offering, the SCAR.
    JW ...

The FN SCAR is thus far off-limits to residents of CA, CT, MA, NY, and NJ, because a "post-ban" or otherwise compliant model is not available.

If I was living in free state like VA, I might have one right now.

It's been a tough sell thus far to get the missus to move.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I say go for it (since I'm the original author of the other post too) . I made a few changes to the original setup - I replaced the FN stock front sight with Magpul's. In case my Aimpiont goes Tango Uniform, I will flip up the front sight and use the "ghost aperture sighting method". With the Larue low mount, I get absolute cowitness with standard sights. I also highly recommend getting the rail as well since it will make mounting of flashlights/VFG's much easier. Do NOT think of FS2000 like an AR. It has it's own manual of arms that needs to be practiced for you to use it effectively.
    The gentleman in October LAV's class had no issues running his.
    I admit that I think about getting a SCAR too just because it's something different, but just like you being in AWB state, I would need to find a way to pin the stock permanently.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you like shouldering something that feels like a big loaf of bread, then buy it.
    Instructor: Sniper, Carbine, Handgun, Shotgun
    Armorer: Glock, Colt AR15/M16
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    My big complaints are that the 2000 won't take most of the polymer magazines on the market, it takes additional steps to reload(over M4), reloads take more physical "umpf" to get the magazine released and out(might be tough in a combat stress situation), iron sights aren't very precise with the short sight radius, and malfuction clearing is a pain in the butt.

Considering your limited options, and if you can master the rifle well enough I'd say go for it. It is a well made rifle with good quality controls. I think it is a little overly complicated and not worth the trouble given the only advantage it offers is shorter overall length. However, it never hurts to try it out for yourself and then you can be like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3GR6XvOSfk

.......I think a better alternative would be to leave CA.
    Last edited by Marcus L.; 01-25-10 at 10:05.
    America is NOT a Democracy......nor should we ever want it to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DioQooFIcgE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtlmj View Post
    If you like shouldering something that feels like a big loaf of bread, then buy it.
    LOL.

I could cuddle an FS2000 in bed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    your screen name is 30 cal slut, but the FS2000 isnt 30 cal, good enough reason

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtlmj View Post
    Dude, You made my whole day with this comment. LOL

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Dude, get a SCAR.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Dude, get a SCAR.

He can't in his current state, he'd have to drag his wife to NH or something.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    He can't in his current state, he'd have to drag his wife to NH or something.
    I'm really really really working on hard on Virginia.

NH = too cold! Lived there for 4 years.

Update: I picked up an FS 2000 yesterday, used for about $1,700 (traded an Ed Brown Kobra Carry for it).

Took it apart with help from a video posted by a user here (in the other thread), I think.

Takedown and cleaning of this thing is very very quick. Realistically, you could get away with just swabbing the barrel a few times and throwing some oil on the bolt carrier assembly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast