Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1108

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Pharmaceutical grade, injectable Testosterone.
    Initially you’ll feel like garbage because you’ll have no t in your system once the injected t is gone. Eventually your body may or may not return to its original levels. You can take things like HCG and Clomid or another SERM to speed up the process but it’s going to vary by individual. Some people may return to where they were, others may return lower.

After being on TRT for a year i came off and I ran Clomid for 3 months. 3 months after discontinuing Clomid therapy my levels returned higher than they were prior to going on TRT but were still low for my age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Pharmaceutical grade, injectable Testosterone.
    You're on the TRT because you're not producing it in sufficient quantities which means it's essentially a life long commitment and you don't ever stop. In the rares cases you do go off for some reason, there's a number of factors as to what will happen, and also dependent on why the person started, etc. It's not a simple topic, but it has been covered in the thread in the past I recall.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-07-18 at 18:32.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As mentioned prior, for what ever reason, I have found them to be the best of the lot to work with on TRT/HRT as a rule and usually more knowledgeable too.
    I was speaking to a female Nurse Practitioner, she said "I can prescribe a female hormones without questions, prescribing testosterone for some reason is much more difficult.'
    The only reason I asked her about it at all was that I wanted to get my meds through the VA. I already have the prescription and she actually had the script in her hand as we were discussing it.
    I'm at a loss as to why, she seemed to be also. I would guess there is a vast amount of data on this that isn't getting down to GP's, or they are running on old data that is/was flawed.
    I'm a walking testimony of what even a little boost of T can do to help you. If your numbers are down and you're feeling like crap, you better learn how to manipulate the system a bit to take care of yourself.
    The irony to me is that, if you were in pain, they wouldn't take issue giving you some pain killers, if you need some T, it's like pulling teeth.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    For those who don't know, Testosterone Cypionate is cheap. 1 vial (10ml) of testosterone cypionate 200mg/ml is around $40.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I was speaking to a female Nurse Practitioner, she said "I can prescribe a female hormones without questions, prescribing testosterone for some reason is much more difficult.'
    The only reason I asked her about it at all was that I wanted to get my meds through the VA. I already have the prescription and she actually had the script in her hand as we were discussing it.
    I'm at a loss as to why, she seemed to be also. I would guess there is a vast amount of data on this that isn't getting down to GP's, or they are running on old data that is/was flawed I'm a walking testimony of what even a little boost of T can do to help you. If your numbers are down and you're feeling like crap, you better learn how to manipulate the system a bit to take care of yourself.
    The irony to me is that, if you were in pain, they wouldn't take issue giving you some pain killers, if you need some T, it's like pulling teeth.
    The more research I do I’m convinced it’s because big pharma, government, et al don’t like the idea of people actually augmenting their well being, given how low testosterone seems to be the root cause in a lot of issues.

In summary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    The more research I do I’m convinced it’s because big pharma, government, et al don’t like the idea of people actually augmenting their well being, given how low testosterone seems to be the root cause in a lot of issues.
    I feel like the Poster child for this being true.
    It just gave me enough of a boost to make other changes in my life, like diet and exercise to rebuild myself and regain my health.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    For those who don't know, Testosterone Cypionate is cheap. 1 vial (10ml) of testosterone cypionate 200mg/ml is around $40.
    Is that 100mg or 200mg per ML? I have not seen it that cheap myself. Still, it's not an expensive med regardless.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm at a loss as to why, she seemed to be also. I would guess there is a vast amount of data on this that isn't getting down to GP's, or they are running on old data that is/was flawed.
    I'm a walking testimony of what even a little boost of T can do to help you. If your numbers are down and you're feeling like crap, you better learn how to manipulate the system a bit to take care of yourself.
    It's a whole lot worse then that. There's lots of data showing T is low in those with spinal cord injuries (SCI), and the VA's own SCI unit recommends vets with SCI be tested and treated for T inefficiencies, and they often unaware of it. I had a vet with an SCI, doc refused to even test him at the VA. I gave his doc the SOC from Veterans Affairs SCI unit that states:

These findings confirm both a substantial population of men with SCI and with testosterone deficiency, and a significant association between testosterone level and severity of SCI. Measuring serum total testosterone levels should be included in standard screenings for patients with SCI…”

And he refused to do it. We had to get it done for him via outside help and yes, as expected, his T was rock bottom. More intel on that one:

http://www.brinkzone.com/articles/te...-injuires-sci/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you know anyone going through cancer treatments, I highly recommend you forward this to them: T and similar drugs based on T, have a wide range of therapeutic uses. In the case of cancer based cachexia (a condition characterized by loss of body mass — including muscular atrophy — that is usually accompanied by severe weakness and fatigue) kills approx 22% of cancer patients:

"Studies have noted that "[a]pproximately half of all patients with cancer experience cachexia," severely impairing their quality of life.

It appears to be "responsible for the death of 22 [percent] of cancer patients."

What exactly causes this condition — which appears in some patients but not in others — remains unclear, and options to manage and address it are scarce.

But recently, researchers from the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston — led by Dr. Melinda Sheffield-Moore, from the Department of Health and Kinesiology — have been investigating the potential of administering testosterone in addition to chemotherapy in order to ameliorate the impact of cachexia."

Cont:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...m_medium=gplus

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...002/jcsm.12295

Source
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay, I skipped my injection as scheduled and got my lab work done and met my new urologist.
    We had a long discussion about T levels apparently my initial visit with my prior urologist was 290. That's pretty damned low for someone 57 and so I got my initial prescription based off of that level. My second visit was unscheduled, I walked in to get my refill and was not aware I would get a blood test, I had my injection on Sunday and it was Tuesday and my T level was 1000.
    So, I have a better idea how this works now. When I go for my next refill and blood work, I will just lay off a week to ten days. I'm not sure if it is in my head or not, but I felt like I was low at the point when I went in this time. Workouts were dragging, lethargic etc.
    So my new Urologist is a female and she seems willing to work with me on this. I explained my reason for coming in initially and she agreed, very supportive of my weight loss and working out. She was concerned that I wanted to "Get Jacked" lifting weights and that might be my motive for getting TRT. I laughed it off and joked with her about being "Too Old for That."
    Anyway, a positive experience and I got some knowledge along the way and six more months of T.

Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast