Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    The biggest issue I seem to be having with this is getting a MD to listen. It would seem the two I have seen both are insistent on not prescribing T as a therapy. It makes no issue that now after a 1 1/2 year treatment for thyroid (Hashimoto's) and high Cholesterol, they refuse to address the T.

It can be very challenging to find a doc to work with on that matter. I don't know your situation or if TRT is indeed indicated for you, so your docs could be right, I don't know.

I have had a weight loss of 36 pounds after 6 months of strict dieting gotten my cholesterol well under control with levels of Triglycerides of 115, HDL at 51 and LDL at 121.
    It would seem they wont consider the T therapy but are pushing me toward a sleep study and antidepressants, both of which I reject outright. I wonder why they refuse to address my mid 200 range T levels at age 52 as a cause of my lethargy and blah mood?
    I couldn't tell you specifically, but acceptance of TRT/HRT in men ranges widely within the medical community. That's changing as evidence continues to grow however. TRT is not without its potential downsides also, which should not be ignored.

To say I'm a bit pissed that they wont even consider anything but sleep apnea or depression, is an understatement.
    Like any relationship, you have to find the right that that works with you vs (seemingly) against your wishes. Me personally (not medical advice) I would not be happy with those T levels, and as one can see from the articles and studies I posted or wrote, the data very much supports the risk/benefit of TRT strongly in favor of TRT in my view.

You could also send them various articles/studies I have posted to see if that helps their position/attitude toward it.

Good luck.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I had some success talking to my PA. Not sure she read any of the articles I sent her but she listened to me. The biggest issue I had was using weekly doses and smaller needles. They didn't think it would work because it wasn't getting IM. It has worked very well for me.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    I had some success talking to my PA. Not sure she read any of the articles I sent her but she listened to me. The biggest issue I had was using weekly doses and smaller needles. They didn't think it would work because it wasn't getting IM. It has worked very well for me.
    Did you pass along the studies I posted showing sub Q appears equally effective method? Some people and docs I know prefer it. Regardless, you should be getting IM if done in the correct locations per prior discussions here. The data I have seen (some which I posted here) shows IM or Sub Q appears effective for TRT and steady T levels, though of course IM has been SOC for decades. I think the only important issue there would be consistently using one or the other.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-20-13 at 10:29.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Will

I don't think she read any of it but listened to my summaries of your articles.

Not sure now I'm doing it right. With the smaller needle does the shot location matter?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will

I don't think she read any of it but listened to my summaries of your articles.

Not sure now I'm doing it right. With the smaller needle does the shot location matter?
    As long as the location consistently gets the achieved delivery method (IM or sub Q) done, then what's important appears to be the consistency there. Intentional sub Q for example, usually done by pinching an area in the abdominal region(1), but there are other areas for sub Q and IM, when done with short thin needles, in areas where you tend to be leanest: thigh and shoulders being common locations. You wouldn't, for example, put a short needle into your glute if IM administration is the goal.

Thigh and or shoulders are vascular areas with nerves you can hit, so important to discuss with doc and do your homework on that in terms of best locations if you are not already experienced with that. That's the basics, but don't use it as a replacement for direct medical advice on the issue if you have Qs.

(1) http://www.drugs.com/cg/how-to-give-...injection.html
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The original test shows a level of 204 with a scale of 175 to 781 being acceptable.
    The Doctor would neither look at the paperwork I had with me or even consider TRT and it was an ouright denial.
    From what I have seen my Cholesteral in comparison was no where near the upper 1/3 of the scale, but they were happy to prescribe over the counter and prescription suggestions. My T being on the lower 1/3 of that scale and it's all about "well, suck it up."
    Is there a reason why they are uneducated in the lastest and greatest information or is this just not the money maker for the Pharma, Hospitals and Doctors I am going to? Is there a reason when presented with the information they wont even touch it?
    I feel like it is time to get with my insurance company and do some Doctor shopping. I just dont think if I sit in there and try and get them to look at the facts as presented here, I'm going to get anything done.

Feedback Score
    I was tested when I was 40 (male) and found out was in low 100's. I was prescribed Androgel (both strengths with no improvment) For the past few months I have been recieving testosterone injections (once a month for starters). The doctor says I will most likely have to continue recieving these shots for the remainder of my life.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Will

Once again Brother thanks for all of the great information. I gave myself my shot today, in the abdomen per the instruction sheet. I could not even feel it with the smaller needle, it did push very slowly but worked awesome. It was a big step for me being able to do the shot myself.
    Last edited by usmcvet; 11-25-13 at 09:51.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002zo6 View Post
    I was tested when I was 40 (male) and found out was in low 100's. I was prescribed Androgel (both strengths with no improvment) For the past few months I have been recieving testosterone injections (once a month for starters). The doctor says I will most likely have to continue recieving these shots for the remainder of my life.
    Read this thread and others mentioned. That injection schedule is sub par, assuming you are in the US and using standard esters of T offered in the US. TRT is, as a rule, a life time commitment yes.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will

Once again Brother thanks for all of the great information. I gave myself my shot today, in the abdomen per the instruction sheet. I could not even feel it with the smaller needle, it did push very slowly but worked awesome. It was a bit step for me being able to do the shot myself.

Congrats bro. Once over that hill, the "why did I make such a big deal over this?" sensation kicks in, but that too is normal. Remember, we are hard wired to resist "harming" ourselves for obvious reasons, and the higher intellectual parts of our brains can't always control our lower base hard wired parts of our hard wired survival instincts. I for one, hate having blood taken out in any form. I will do it, but it always makes me anxious. I use the "you don't have to like it, you just have to do it" approach to that one. Growing up in Brooklyn in NY in the 70s, the goal at all times was to keep the blood in your body, a sensation I have never fulling gotten past.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 11 of 111 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast