Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    Will,

How much is testo injections going for these days? Is it still very expensive like HGH?
    T is always much less then HGH. With script, it's what ever your co pay is for meds. Without insurance, but with script, approx $100 for 10cc bottle at 100mg per ml. At HRT doses, that lasts approx 10 weeks.

Regular blood work to tweak dose is essential. See article on blood work linked in above T write up.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    T is always much less then HGH. With script, it's what ever your co pay is for meds. Without insurance, but with script, approx $100 for 10cc bottle at 100mg per ml. At HRT doses, that lasts approx 10 weeks.

Regular blood work to tweak dose is essential. See article on blood work linked in above T write up.
    +1 See your doc ref a simple blood test. I would also say trust your instincts, if you think something is wrong there is probably an issue somewhere; 21 is young. I'm 38 now and was about 33 when I noticed issues. 33 was young.

I did some Google searches trying to figure out what was up with me after my chemo. It was obvious there was a problem because my libido/function was nonexistent and was usually enough to irritate my wife. I went to the doc convinced I had low T and I was right.

Man I am using androgel, daily, it's about $600 a month. I have a high deductible insurance plan the first $3000 a year is on me then it is all covered. I should ask my doc about shots.

Funny note, my Physician's Assistant is a woman and friend, which made her comment even funnier. She told me the chemo knocked out my nuts and left me with hypogonadism.

I have HCL (hairy cell leukemia) in remission. Goggled that too and found out one of the causes is exposure to benzene! Sadam's boys lit the ****ing Al Bragan oil fields on fire. I spent Spring Break 1991 there with my unit. I was covered in the shit for weeks. I thought I had a great tan until we got real showers with hot water and the oil came off. We'd been using face cloths and canteen cups to clean up every few days but it was pretty ripe for 45-50 days. It's good to remember those days and appreciate the simple things like indoor plumbing and a real bed.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Im 21... is there any chance of me having low test levels?
    Only way to know is blood work. Article on that topic linked above. At your age, probably not an issue, but I have seen guys in their mid 20s with low T. At your age, if there are symptoms of low T, then step 2 is to do blood work and check.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    +1 See your doc ref a simple blood test. I would also say trust your instincts, if you think something is wrong there is probably an issue somewhere; 21 is young. I'm 38 now and was about 33 when I noticed issues. 33 was young.

I did some Google searches trying to figure out what was up with me after my chemo. It was obvious there was a problem because my libido/function was nonexistent and was usually enough to irritate my wife. I went to the doc convinced I had low T and I was right.

Man I am using androgel, daily, it's about $600 a month. I have a high deductible insurance plan the first $3000 a year is on me then it is all covered. I should ask my doc about shots.

Funny note, my Physician's Assistant is a woman and friend, which made her comment even funnier. She told me the chemo knocked out my nuts and left me with hypogonadism.

I have HCL (hairy cell leukemia) in remission. Goggled that too and found out one of the causes is exposure to benzene! Sadam's boys lit the ****ing Al Bragan oil fields on fire. I spent Spring Break 1991 there with my unit. I was covered in the shit for weeks. I thought I had a great tan until we got real showers with hot water and the oil came off. We'd been using face cloths and canteen cups to clean up every few days but it was pretty ripe for 45-50 days. It's good to remember those days and appreciate the simple things like indoor plumbing and a real bed.

Sorry to hear about the above, but I do know your pain. Many things, chemo a big one, can kill T levels. It's a damn shame how many men walk around with no T after chemo because no one thinks to check, but I digress. T levels and sperm counts have been dropping steadily (with some debate) in US men for decades, and it's unclear why. Whether it's estrogenic compounds we have added to the environment, life style changes, or other reasons is unclear at this time, but we are seeing younger men and or more men with low T levels.

Thank you for your service, and your sacrifices for this country. It's not forgotten.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    usmcvet,

I was diagnosed with LOW T levels in my late 30's, though I suspect the problem was occurring for FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR longer than that. A normal male according to my doc should have between 300 and 800 nanograms (ng/dcl) per deciliter of T in their blood. I had 120 ng/dcl's. To put it in perspective a woman with "high" levels of T would have about 90 ng/dcl's. Yikes! Now I cruise along in the 600ng to 700ng range.

I use Testim 1% gel, about 5mg daily. On my insurance I get a three month supply through MEDCO for $62.50 YMMV. Good luck.

Best,

Dave

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.S. Brown View Post
    usmcvet,

I was diagnosed with LOW T levels in my late 30's, though I suspect the problem was occurring for FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR longer than that. A normal male according to my doc should have between 300 and 800 nanograms (ng/dcl) per deciliter of T in their blood. I had 120 ng/dcl's. To put it in perspective a woman with "high" levels of T would have about 90 ng/dcl's. Yikes! Now I cruise along in the 600ng to 700ng range.

I use Testim 1% gel, about 5mg daily. On my insurance I get a three month supply through MEDCO for $62.50 YMMV. Good luck.

Best,

Dave
    120ng/dl in your 30s????!! What were you doing, watching Golden Girls or something?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    And listening to LOTS of Cher, Bette Midler, and Melissa Etheridge CD's, and almost attended Lilith fair once, Whew glad to get that off my chest.

Seriously though my doctor said that I have probably suffered since puberty, and many of my activities since did not help, over eating as a kid, too little exercise. Joined the Army in '86. Lost a lot of weight with the cardio, but slacking off caused it to come back very easily. Learned to lift weights in the Army, but could never seem to develop decent muscle mass, ( the latter I believe to be in direct proportion of the amount of running/cardio combined with low T).

However in all this time none of my sexual functions were affected. Psychologically I would be moody and irritable, unable to focus, fairly emotional. Taking T has helped with the moods and focus, though I think the moods are mostly in control, I've noticed a slightly shorter fuse than was present before.

Still it wasn't until about 8 years ago that low T was even on my radar. It would have been great to have been diagnosed when I was younger, it just never occurred to me or anyone else I knew.

Live and learn.

Best,

Dave

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.S. Brown View Post
    And listening to LOTS of Cher, Bette Midler, and Melissa Etheridge CD's, and almost attended Lilith fair once, Whew glad to get that off my chest.
    e
    No Celine Dion? I actually did see her in concert once (long story...) and was stunned to find, she put on a great concert! I was lactating when I left, but that went away within a few days.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Great thread. Why this stuff is illegal is beyond me. I have known a lot of folks in the 1000mg arena and have not seen "roid rage" yet. Of course HRT is legal though convincing your doctor to put you on a cycle of 500mg a week might be a difficult proposition.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Great thread. Why this stuff is illegal is beyond me. I have known a lot of folks in the 1000mg arena and have not seen "roid rage" yet. Of course HRT is legal though convincing your doctor to put you on a cycle of 500mg a week might be a difficult proposition.
    It's much more accepted now then it was just a few years ago, but yes, can be a real PITA to get doc to do it. Also depends on what part of the country you live in. Some areas are easier/tougher then others.

PS, I do NOT recommend 1000mg per week for anyone which is WAY above HRT/TRT levels. Just an FYI.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 02-05-10 at 11:06.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast