Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Sounds good Pit stick T! I just had mine tested again for the first time following my chemo this summer. It is down to 85! Time to see the doc and have my dose increased.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.S. Brown View Post
    usmcvet,

I was diagnosed with LOW T levels in my late 30's, though I suspect the problem was occurring for FAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR longer than that. A normal male according to my doc should have between 300 and 800 nanograms (ng/dcl) per deciliter of T in their blood. I had 120 ng/dcl's. To put it in perspective a woman with "high" levels of T would have about 90 ng/dcl's. Yikes! Now I cruise along in the 600ng to 700ng range.

I use Testim 1% gel, about 5mg daily. On my insurance I get a three month supply through MEDCO for $62.50 YMMV. Good luck.

Best,

Dave
    I'm on the same dose of androgel. My levels were 60ng due to pituitary failure. Hypopituitarism with gonadotropin deficiency.

It's been great. I feel like a whole different person since I've been on it.

Mike
    Last edited by Mikey; 11-27-10 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    Fat guy here, don't know how I snuck in the fitness section but the topic is close to home....

Been diagnosed as hypogonatic for about 9 years now, been through the whole routine with local doctors, their only solution is to prescribe testosterone. I've done the shots, which didn't last long when I was divorced and had to self shoot in the thigh. Went off meds for a long time but returned with Androgel. Had ok results with that then moved to Testim. Testim has a distinct odor to it my coworkers can smell....

None of it has helped me lose weight, with the shots I had some anger problems, or it may have been the marital situation....

I'd like to get deeper into the HRT science as I certainly feel that simply adding testosterone has a negative affect on whatever is being produced naturally... I think the current thought is the body reacts to foreign T by reducing natural production, obviously a problem as akin absorbtion rates will never match the bodies ability to produce. There are also thoughts that skin absorbtion rates drop over repeated dosings in the same area. My last self inject was bad and I don't see myself ever doing that again.

Problem for me is my endocrinologist won't hear of it and sees my T levels as the only factor. Any other doctors are part of some money making boutique setup, don't accept insurance and are not local.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Biased_Observer View Post

Problem for me is my endocrinologist won't hear of it and sees my T levels as the only factor. Any other doctors are part of some money making boutique setup, don't accept insurance and are not local.
    Take a look at the Life Extension's info on HRT:

http://www.lef.org/protocols/male_re...oration_01.htm

I think their general info in that write up is solid (but I'm not sold on the supplements they are recommending per se,) but if you want something more "progressive" then standard fare reading on the topic, that's got some useful info in it for the non scientist.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by randolph View Post
    Will
    can/do you recommend these type of tests ?

See article "It's In Your Blood" on the BrinkZone. That' a pretty good summary, but getting basic test for testosterone levels is easy enough.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have read that glucagon release produces a realease of HGH.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I have started applying my Androgel at night and I've noticed a change in concentration, mood+ and energy in just a few days. I dried myself following my morning shower and before applying my T in the morning but I don't think it was enough and my absorption was way off. Not sure if that helps any of you guys.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by onado2000 View Post
    I have read that glucagon release produces a realease of HGH.

How does that info apply to this particular discussion?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This is information which I learned a decade ago & have read/researched over years through periodicals. Do not take my word, look at the facts printed in journals. HGh is an endocrine hormone like T that declines with age. This thread earlier discussed before seeking exogenous hormone replacement, we should boost our our endogenous hormone production. Glucangon is released in response to low blood sugar. Avoid eating after dinner and sleeping 8 hours could help boost endogenous HGh.
    Last edited by onado2000; 12-04-10 at 11:43.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by onado2000 View Post
    Glucangon is released in response to low blood sugar. Avoid eating after dinner and sleeping 8 hours could help boost endogenous HGh.

I believe you mean glucagon.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 4 of 111 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast