Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I have posted on Dr. Mark Gordon and his approach to TBI a while back. Good to see its getting some traction in the mainstream press.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Thanks, Will. I consider myself more up to speed than most but not necessarily a guru. (This stuff used to really interest me...not as much anymore)

Here's a question for you. New doc has me on"
    250mg test cyp/wk
    .5g arimidex 2x/wk
    400iu hCG 1x/wk

I've never been on such a low dose of hCG nor have I ever been on a 1x/wk injection schedule. I'm skeptical to say the least. She has promised to get me studies that claim that this is now a "best practice".

Thoughts?

[Under doctor's orders I've been on hCG up to 9,000iu/wk (3k 3/wk) then 6,000iu/wk also split in 3, then lastly before this doc 250iu 2x/wk but back to back doses]
    Any impact on hct or bp with that high of a dose??

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    1.25 to 2ML (better to give actual mg/ml here) is a big jump. Why not 1.5?
    Met with the Doc again today. My T was 1,000 ng/dl she thought that too high. She wanted 1.5 ML a Week. I talked to her and asked for 2 ML Every 10 Days. Now that I am thinking about it, 1ML every 5 days will probably be better.

If all the math adds up here and we are on the same page; if you're taking 400mg per week of T and getting levels in the 500s, something is very wrong. That's almost physiologically impossible. Where the issue is, I can't say, could be as simple as testing methodology issues, to the product itself not containing the claimed dose, to something more complex such as a high conversion to estradiol, very high SGBG levels, etc. Prior chemo is a factor for sure in causes of hypogondaism, but I don't know how/if it would impact your current issue.

Doc should order a battery of tests (covered in this thread some place), change testing lab, change brand of T. Half the dose you're taking will get most people's T levels to the high
    "normal" range.
    400 MG weekly got me to 1,000 ng/dl. I've seen normal ranges all over the place. Last search was 270-1070 ng/dl. I don't feel any adverse effects at my current level. I am going to print this thread and re read everything.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_crawfish View Post
    Any impact on hct or bp with that high of a dose??
    Yes, both are high. Doc wants me to donate blood occasionally and get on BP meds through primary care doc. I suspect if my diet was better and I did cardio BP would be a non issue.

Feedback Score
    The VA has been pretty good keeping an eye on my Low-T. (Had a pituitary tumor) I give myself a shot every two weeks. No luck with the commercial treatments as to my understanding they only encourage the pituitary to send out the signal to make more. My pituitary is FUBAR and don't work, so I have to do the testosterone injections. (and other pills, turns out the pituitary glad regulates a lot of shit)
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Met with the Doc again today. My T was 1,000 ng/dl she thought that too high. She wanted 1.5 ML a Week. I talked to her and asked for 2 ML Every 10 Days. Now that I am thinking about it, 1ML every 5 days will probably be better.

400 MG weekly got me to 1,000 ng/dl. I've seen normal ranges all over the place. Last search was 270-1070 ng/dl. I don't feel any adverse effects at my current level. I am going to print this thread and re read everything.
    I would have expected 400mg per week to get you above 1000ng/dl, but as long as other tests come back OK (E2, hct, etc) OK, then I don't know why some docs have an issued with high/normal T levels. "Happy" levels are clearly in the upper side of "normal" and data suggests the most benefits to boot.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I would have expected 400mg per week to get you above 1000ng/dl, but as long as other tests come back OK (E2, hct, etc) OK, then I don't know why some docs have an issued with high/normal T levels. "Happy" levels are clearly in the upper side of "normal" and data suggests the most benefits to boot.
    M7 latest labs just came back at 1433 total and 43.66 free. This was 4.5/5 days after an my weekly injection. Doc didn't blink, she said she's fine with it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flankenstein View Post
    Yes, both are high. Doc wants me to donate blood occasionally and get on BP meds through primary care doc. I suspect if my diet was better and I did cardio BP would be a non issue.
    BP was 120/80 today. I am on BP and cholesterol meds and I'm Very Over Weight! Food is my drug. I'm working on it. I lost 155 #'s about 2 years ago. Gained 80 back. Just started working on it again a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with my current T level. I have an appointment in 5 weeks to see my doc and re check blood work.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    The VA has been pretty good keeping an eye on my Low-T. (Had a pituitary tumor) I give myself a shot every two weeks. No luck with the commercial treatments as to my understanding they only encourage the pituitary to send out the signal to make more. My pituitary is FUBAR and don't work, so I have to do the testosterone injections. (and other pills, turns out the pituitary glad regulates a lot of shit)
    I'm glad it's working for you too.

I suspect my T was always on the high side prior to my Chemotherapy. That was a bright line for me. I had zero libido following the chemotherapy. The T has been wonderful in that respect. I'm shooting for 40 pounds lost by the time I see her in 5 weeks!

Will could my obesity effect the T's absorption? I feel comfortable my Doc will listen to me if I'm not happy at a lower level. She didn't bat an eye when I told her I was using a 28G 5/8" needle to inject the T Sub Q instead of the harpoon IM! She wrote me a script for new syringes and needles so I can get them from my pharmacy and not online like last time. Hopefully it's cheaper. It will be more convenient this way. I bought a case of 100 last time. It takes up quite a bit of space.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    400mg/wk on trt??? Holy hell, that's just shy of a cycle dose!!
    What's the range on your free test labs?? 43 seems low, with that high of a total number. Doc test shbg?
    If you don't mind me asking, how high was your hct??

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post

Will could my obesity effect the T's absorption? I feel comfortable my Doc will listen to me if I'm not happy at a lower level. She didn't bat an eye when I told her I was using a 28G 5/8" needle to inject the T Sub Q instead of the harpoon IM! She wrote me a script for new syringes and needles so I can get them from my pharmacy and not online like last time. Hopefully it's cheaper. It will be more convenient this way. I bought a case of 100 last time. It takes up quite a bit of space.
    Not will...but your weight can absolutely contribute to the test aromatizing. Are you taking any AI currently?
    What's your current protocol??

Page 59 of 111 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast