Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Testosterone?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    It also makes me wonder how high my level gets and how low it gets!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Syringes and needles are OTC in Florida. If your state regulates them that creates a problem in that the pharmacist has to fill the script as written. That is if the script specifies a 26 gauge 1-1/2 needle the pharmacist can't fill it with a 25 gauge needle or a 1 inch needle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I actually have appointment to see him next week and get another test. I'm going to print and study this before I talk to him.
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Syringes and needles are OTC in Florida. If your state regulates them that creates a problem in that the pharmacist has to fill the script as written. That is if the script specifies a 26 gauge 1-1/2 needle the pharmacist can't fill it with a 25 gauge needle or a 1 inch needle.
    Just checked. They're OTC here in VT too.
    http://healthvermont.gov/prevent/hep...n_needles.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by skydivr View Post
    I actually have appointment to see him next week and get another test. I'm going to print and study this before I talk to him.
    Cool. Good luck.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Gel is bullshit. It's not a half measure, more like a 1/8th measure or 1/16th measure used by doctors as a "conservative first step".
    TESTOSTERONE GELS = POOR ADHERENCE RATES (1).

Overall satisfaction with topical T gels is low in my experience. I wonder if this poor Adherence rate is due to dissatisfaction with the T gels. Would be interesting to see how it compares to IM routes and if it correlated to T levels achieved with the gels. My hunch, Adherence might correlate strongly to T levels achieved with gels.

Most of the men I know who quit the gels generally gave the "I didn't notice any difference using it" response which I found was a factor of the gel having minimal actual impact on their T levels.

Conversely, most men do report a difference in subjective symptoms with IM route, and perhaps a higher Adherence rate. That would be an interesting study, if one does not currently exist.

(1) Medication Adherence and Treatment Patterns for Hypogonadal Patients Treated with Topical Testosterone Therapy: A Retrospective Medical Claims Analysis
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Here is a new meta analysis looking at TRT and the Cardiovascular System:

Beneficial and Adverse Effects of Testosterone on the Cardiovascular System in Men

Johannes B. Ruige,
    D. Margriet Ouwens and
    Jean-Marc Kaufman

The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism September 24, 2013

Abstract

Context: The widespread use of T therapy, particularly in aging males, necessitates knowledge of the relationship between T and the cardiovascular system.

Evidence Acquisition: The review is based on a 1970 to 2013 PubMed search with terms related to androgens in combination with cardiovascular disease, including T, dihydrotestosterone, trial, mortality, cardiovascular disease, myocardial infarction, blood pressure, endothelial function, dyslipidemia, thrombosis, ventricular function, and arrhythmia. Original articles, systematic reviews and meta-analyses, and relevant citations were screened.

Evidence Synthesis: Low T has been linked to increased blood pressure, dyslipidemia, atherosclerosis, arrhythmia, thrombosis, endothelial dysfunction, as well as to impaired left ventricular function. On the one hand, a modest association is suggested between low endogenous T and incident cardiovascular disease or cardiovascular mortality, implying unrecognized beneficial T effects, residual confounding, or a relationship with health status. On the other hand, treatments with T to restore “normal concentrations” have so far not been proven to be beneficial with respect to cardiovascular disease; neither have they definitely shown specific adverse cardiovascular effects. The cardiovascular risk-benefit profile of T therapy remains largely evasive in view of a lack of well-designed and adequately powered randomized clinical trials.

Conclusions: The important knowledge gap as to the exact relationship between T and cardiovascular disease would support a cautious, restrained approach to T therapy in aging men, pending clarification of benefits and risks by adequately powered clinical trials of sufficient duration.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 09-30-13 at 09:11.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Johannes B. Ruige,
    D. Margriet Ouwens and
    Jean-Marc Kaufman

.......The important knowledge gap as to the exact relationship between T and cardiovascular disease would support a cautious, restrained approach to T therapy in aging men, pending clarification of benefits and risks by adequately powered clinical trials of sufficient duration.
    No thanks Johannes, Margriet and Jean-Marc. I was dying and T saved my life and not just a little T, a big 'ole honkin syringe full of it. I will eschew the cautious and restrained approach to saving my life thank you very much.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 09-24-13 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No thanks Johannes, Margriet and Jean-Marc. I was dying and T saved my life and not just a little T, a big 'ole honkin syringe full of it. I will eschew the cautious and restrained approach to saving my life thank you very much.
    My personal opinion is, the data and clinical experience strongly suggests the benefits far outweigh the risks, but risks exist as there's no free lunch in human biology.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    My wife (RN) shoots me once a week with 1/2cc of 200mg/ml Test Cypionate, so basically 100mg per week. Keeps the balance better than every 2 weeks.

Last time I asked the doc what the level was it was in the 400's. When I started in 2009 I was 44yo and my T level was 186.

I take the most advantage of HRT and work out religiously: ~ 160 minutes a week of cardio and weights 3x per week. Have done so for years, even before I started on Test injections. Within a year or so of starting Test I lost about 20 pounds (of course I was running twice a week then too) and my wife says I look better than ever. 6' 1" and 225lbs and kinda buffed if I do say so myself! I've lifted for well over 24 years but didn't start doing cardio until 1998. Intensity of cardio is considerably higher now than when I started, hence the ability to keep my weight at ~ 225 even though running isn't in my repetoire anymore due to knees. Still pretty strong for 48 but shit hurts these days, i.e. joints (5 shoulder and one knee surgery....getting old sucks but I won't quit damnit!).

Is 100mg per week a "normal" HRT dose? Is the 400's a good range to be in Test-wise or should it be higher?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 10-18-13 at 03:44.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Im 40 and felt like 60. For years I felt like I was wearing a suit of lead on my body, took an hour to get out of bed in the morning, i felt like shit ! any effort to workout hurt my bones & joints, didnt go up in weight for a year (i keep journal of daily workouts) and in some cases went backwards using less weight. At age 20 after lifting for a year I remember benching 225 for 10 sets of 10reps. A few months ago I barely did 1 set of 10 with 225. Anyway, my T was low normal (300s) and my TSH was high. I started taking clomid to trick my body to produce more T.Between synthroid and clomid, with in two months I started to feel better and a little stronger. I stepped up and asked for T, Insurance refused to pay because T was low normal, not yet below the labs range. Out of pocket transdermal T is $500/ month, but 2gms of t cypionate is about a quarter of that. FYI, I was told by someone to have my blood test done in the evening when serum t is lowest and that certain labs have lower T ranges than others.
    Recently, I started at 200mg everyother week per Md order, but think every week would be best. My question is heavy weight and low reps or high reps with light weight, and each body part once or twice weekly to failure ??? I know diet and conditioning are key, but I dont want to waste anymore time. I want to have more muscle, lean mature muscle. (sorry if I hijacked thread).
    Im fortunate to have a great relationship with my MD. For those that get only resistance, talk to your doctor and tell them how lousy you feel, how low t effects quality of life and your lifestyle. good luck.

Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast