Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 SHOT show, Viva Las Vegas (Photo by SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

2010 SHOT show, Viva Las Vegas (Photo by SMGLee)

This year's SHOT finally came to an end, and I have well over 1500 pictures to process. the four days I stayed at Vegas, I? enjoyed every minute of it and I was tired every minute of that. I was just running around like a mad man between photo shoots and meetings.

SHOT at Sands convention was not a very well thought out show, the layout of the convention center could have been better, the LE/Mil section were spread out over four separate areas. and the row numbers were confusing, that made my life harder, I don;t think I knew the layout at the end of the four days. I am still dazed and confused...LOL

Driving out of Vegas on Friday evening, snow hit us as we passed Primm back into California all the way into Baker.

I will use this section to post all the misc. pictures.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by SMGLee; 01-30-10 at 18:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks from all who could not make. All the other pics so far were awesome. Get some rest and will be waiting.

Thanks
    Brad
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Chen,
    It was my pleasure meeting you.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Can't wait to see the photos. Just thought I would mention I saw you taking photos in the "Nutnfancy - Sig Sauer" video on youtube at around the 19:50 mark.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Grip Pod and TangoDown

Grip Pod's latest product, the expendable leg version.

Tangodown's new product for AK line of platform, Made for US palm AK 47 magazine and AK grip.

Like the Eastern Bloc counterpart, Tangodown use steel insert embedded in the polymer magazine, something that other US made AK magazine does not have.

Last edited by SMGLee; 01-28-10 at 19:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Benelli, Insight Technology, and Desert Tactical

Benelli MR1 carbine, a version of the Beretta Storm, If shipped without the pistol grip this carbine can be California legal as a featureless rifle.

Insight Technology Fusion goggle, that combine Gen 3 NV with thermal. very slick but slightly large and very expensive at 60k in its first generation design. the second Generation will be smaller lighter and cheaper..utilizing a electronic fusion vs. the first gen's mechanical fusion.

Insight Technology's MRDS just won the Crane SOPMOD mini red dot contract. the Army contract is still up for grabs.

MRDS piggy back on top of the Thermal scope, CNVD-T, the two tabs build into the MRDS mount are used to activate the buttons on the CNVD-T hidden by the MRDS mount.

Desert Tactical precision rifle offerings.

Last edited by SMGLee; 01-28-10 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Desert Tactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

American Defense Manufacture (ADM), Smith & Wesson

A salute of American Defense Mounts.

Made specially for SOCOM and FN for the SCAR program, this is the new mount for the SCAR-H SSR.
    For a while LaRue mount were utilized, but after further testing, a switch to ADM was requested and this new mount was designed and build to assist in the continue testing of the SSR platform.

Row of SW M&P15s on display

This is interesting, a 14.5 inch M4. exactly like the Colt 6921.

SW M&P15 based on the new Troy Ind rail system. After the SWAM vs Troy debacle, the MRF rail might be on its way out and the new Troy will take its place.

Adam Arms based piston rifle with an interesting rail system.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Leupold and Barrett

I found this product the coolest with the most potential at SHOT....The Leupold CQT-SS 1-8X scope.

The entire rear housing is the turret that turns to change magnification from 1x all the way to 8x
    some more refinement still required, and being a second focal plane, the illumination actually grow witht he magnification and in 8x setting the dot covers center of the reticle about 1/4 of the glass. would be nice to have a front focal plane scope.

Plus if you have to be absolutely still when viewing the optic, if you turn your head slightly, the red dot will disappear. this is an issue that the Engineer at Leupold is working on.

Illumination can be turn off by setting between each level of the illumination setting, much like the ShortDot.

The locking turret is released by pinching the split ring so you can turn the dial.

Rear flip up BUIS on the Barrett M82

Barrett 6.8 carbine. Barrett remain one of a few supporter of the ARMS product and from what I hear, the ARMS SIR are a sturdy unit with favorable result from Barrett 6.8 carbine military end users.
    Last edited by SMGLee; 01-28-10 at 19:51.

Feedback Score
    That 1.1 to 8 scope looks great. Very neat with the adjustment knobs - very simple but effective way to ensure they move only when you what them to move.

What were the issues with the LaRue mount that the ADM mount addresses? Any scuttlebutt on that?

Spooky

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast