Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $300 Rebate on Sig556 Rifles

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I always keep all of the boxes and accessories, but I don't think I would miss the serial number sticker from the case.

The rebate should not require to alter the factory packaging.

FN does not require any factory package modifications for their rebates, just copy of the receipt and a copy of the 4473. Everyone gets by fine.

Should this rifle become collectible someday, I want original packaging. And yes it will come down to who has all the end labels and who does not.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I bought one for $1378.50 + $96.50 (sales tax) = $1475 out the door. Take away $300 for the rebate and $14.75 in cash back that I'll get from my credit card and I'll be at $1160.25.

From my initial evaluation, the red dot that came with the rifle is pretty poor. If it was even close to the quality of my Aimpoint, I'd keep it, but I honestly don't know why Sig would put their name on it. I decided to get a Millet DMS from SWFA. I've never seen one in person, so I'm taking a chance. The features seem nice, so hopefully it'll do the trick for me.

Feedback Score
    The rifle is awesome, but that red dot is a piece of total shit. The furniture leaves a bit to be desired as well. SIG went cheap on the sight and furniture in order to keep the MSRP down, but luckily they did not go cheap on the action/internal parts of the weapon. It's top notch. I can live with the stock set (loose likley China made), but the Chinese red dot is a true insult. That thing sucks...I tried it to see how it would work...horrible. It takes several seconds to locate the dot, it washes out in sunlight, and the lenses have that annoying cheap "blue tint" so common on cheap optics.

The rifle is awesome however, I even like the factory diopter sight. But, I have to admit, SIG tried to get one over on us with the cheap ass accesories in order to obtain maximum profit. I wont even get started on the cheap mag....

Nevertheless, I got my 556 Classic how I want it, and I'll NEVER get rid of it. It's an awesome .223.
    Last edited by jar420; 03-06-10 at 23:35.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The rifles usually work, but SIG's customer service usually isn't.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Now they're $850 with no sights or $925 with diopter sights.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Sel...px?User=250902

Feedback Score
    I LOVE MINE! (but wish my fingers were all 1/4 inch longer)
    lol, I wish the mag release was 1/4 inch closer.
    Last edited by kal; 03-06-11 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought one for $1378.50 + $96.50 (sales tax) = $1475 out the door. Take away $300 for the rebate and $14.75 in cash back that I'll get from my credit card and I'll be at $1160.25.

From my initial evaluation, the red dot that came with the rifle is pretty poor. If it was even close to the quality of my Aimpoint, I'd keep it, but I honestly don't know why Sig would put their name on it. I decided to get a Millet DMS from SWFA. I've never seen one in person, so I'm taking a chance. The features seem nice, so hopefully it'll do the trick for me.
    if you would have checked on GB you could have bought the same rifle, w/o the red dot, for 850.00 plus shipping. FYI.
    i believe Tanners is selling them. Then I wonder if you could still take the end of the box and receipt and get a 300.00 discount? That woudl put it in the 600.00 range after shipping and transfer!!
    Last edited by HK51Fan; 03-06-11 at 14:50.
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HK51Fan View Post
    if you would have checked on GB you could have bought the same rifle, w/o the red dot, for 850.00 plus shipping. FYI.
    i believe Tanners is selling them. Then I wonder if you could still take the end of the box and receipt and get a 300.00 discount? That woudl put it in the 600.00 range after shipping and transfer!!
    The link that I just posted is to the guns he has for sale. I posted the link because many people have said they believe the Sig556 is overpriced. At $850, I'm thinking people might reconsider. My post previous to that was a year ago. At the time that was a killer deal. The $300 rebate has long since expired.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    The link that I just posted is to the guns he has for sale. I posted the link because many people have said they believe the Sig556 is overpriced. At $850, I'm thinking people might reconsider. My post previous to that was a year ago. At the time that was a killer deal. The $300 rebate has long since expired.
    Even at $850 I wouldn't buy one again. I've been a HUGE 55X series fan since I was a little boy looking at them in Jane's books, but WOW was I disappointed when I picked up a classic. It really is a shame because I felt that the guts were actually pretty sound, used to eat whatever I gave it and never really had a function issue. Unfortunately, the optic rail popped off with an eotech on it on my 2nd trip to the range, the stock felt more flimsy than the one on my nephew's airsoft 55X, and the handguards wobbled so badly that I could never enjoy myself. My old century WASR-10 I bought when I was 18 felt more sturdy than my 556 unfortunately. In my mind to make this rifle acceptable you have to dump a nutty amount of money into it, and that's provided you have one with sound internals that doesn't have any issues like carrier hump etc. Here's the only place I've found selling swiss parts for this, https://www.cogunsales.com/index.php...-products.html and as you can see it don't come cheap :-/

So $850
    +$474.95 for the stock
    +$524.95 for the diopter set
    +$ welding the diopters on, plus welding the top optic rail on
    +$$$$$ if you want swiss internals, add another $1200, not a swiss lower which is about double

You see where I'm going with this?

Sold mine at a big loss (paid $1800 like a chump) and have never looked back. If I can ever find a real 55X for less than my car I'd jump on it in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    sorry guys didn't mean to stir up an old thread. I didn't check the date and I'm sure the thread was in bold black so I assumed it was new when I logged on.
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast