Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $300 Rebate on Sig556 Rifles

Feedback Score
    I have been waiting for the 55crap to drop back around $1K. I might just have to bite and pick one up, then promptly do what SIGUSA should have done in the first place...do it right. Get the 551 complete lower to get it as close to an original as I can get (without buying one of the few 100% SIG's for $10K anyway).

Funny, you would think that SOMEONE at SIGUSA would have a clue that people or getting upset over the poor quality of thier lowers and actually fix it....clueless administration...

Feedback Score
    Well Ive got one...sort of. Its on its way back to NH as of today. Cant get the ****ing pin out of the bolt to remove the firing pin. And this was the first time to clean it right out of the box, never fired. Not too impressed with sig rifles. I should have bought two Romanian Ak's for the price of this P.O.S.

sorry to the sig bashing...its been a long day.
    Last edited by BCO30; 03-07-11 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    So this would cover their new 7.62x39 rifles, yes?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWilson View Post
    This pretty much covers all of the products to come out of modern day Sig USA. They use a lot of MIM parts which are less durable than machined steel parts, and most of their parts are made out of house with multiple vendors. Since very little of the guns are made in house, when the guns are assembled there are all kinds of mating issues which often go out to the customer. There are a lot of owners that will get lucky and get a Sig that doesn't have any problems, however when large scale purchases are made such in the case of LE agencies, these issues are more commonly observed.

When I was in Afghanistan, one of the Brits had a newly issued German made Sig P226. Being a gun nut, and Sig guy I looked the weapon over. Unlike the US imported Sigs, these were very different when it came to quality. Parts like the hammer, and trigger were not MIM, but machined. This pistol also used the longer hammer strut assembly of old Sigs. The gun was tight, and reminded me of old W. German Sigs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    This pretty much covers all of the products to come out of modern day Sig USA. They use a lot of MIM parts which are less durable than machined steel parts, and most of their parts are made out of house with multiple vendors. Since very little of the guns are made in house, when the guns are assembled there are all kinds of mating issues which often go out to the customer. There are a lot of owners that will get lucky and get a Sig that doesn't have any problems, however when large scale purchases are made such in the case of LE agencies, these issues are more commonly observed.

When I was in Afghanistan, one of the Brits had a newly issued German made Sig P226. Being a gun nut, and Sig guy I looked the weapon over. Unlike the US imported Sigs, these were very different when it came to quality. Parts like the hammer, and trigger were not MIM, but machined. This pistol also used the longer hammer strut assembly of old Sigs. The gun was tight, and reminded me of old W. German Sigs.
    I have heard the same thing. I currently own two German made sigs (228 and 225) and the quality is much much nicer than the US made. I won't even buy a US made one until I see improvement in QC (I want to get a 229 in .357SIG again because I was an idiot and sold mine years ago). It's sad because I never thought I would be saying that about SIG. Now that they are offering the 210 again I shudder to think how that is going to turn out.
    Last edited by alaskacop; 03-07-11 at 20:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BSWilson View Post
    Dude, this thread is over a year old.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Whoops, I was looking at the date on the first post and thought it was from January of this year.

Sheesh, someone lock this thing.

Feedback Score
    I just hope some fool doesn't see this thread and run out to get the 556 with rebate. That would be a $300 mistake. Sig still has the web page up by the way!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123