Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C Group Practice

Feedback Score
    Not sure I can make the trek up 95 to Jarrat. If anyone's interested, there is an outdoor range in the Morehead City/Newport area. I haven't been over there to scope it out yet, but a friend recommends it. He shoots CQB matches there.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VMI-MO View Post
    I am looking to get this idea going again.

Range would be located in Jarratt, VA. We have steel targets, and up to 400m of range to use.

Time frame would be sometime in October.

This would NOT be a formal class. Just a group of guys getting together shooting some pre-planned drills and offering advice to one another.

If interested leave a response here, with possible dates that work for you. Or you can email/ PM me.

PJ
    I'm up for it. Here are my free weekend dates:
    Oct 2-3, 9-10, 16-17

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Guys, quick update-
    Finally got enough time to check out VMI-MOs range.
    It looks good, and VMI and his buddies are good people.
    I am looking forward to getting back up there and getting some good practice in.
    Will get firm dates as soon as possible when schedules align.
    Apologies for the time gaps, but Uncle Sam always gets his first.

Have you contacted Ant Hill yet?

Im game.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Hey guys, sorry I haven't been in this thread recently.
    I deployed in late August, so the probability of me making a session anytime soon is pretty slim.
    VMI-MO is a good guy with a nice (if a bit of the beaten track ) little range. If anyone wants to pick this up and run with it go right ahead.

Cheers
    -F2S
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I'd be interested in something near Jarratt. I'm about 45 minutes from there.

I'm VMI '88 by the way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm up for another trip to the farm. I get back from the 'stan mid October.
    Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, but brains saves both.

VMI-MO Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keydet08 View Post
    I'm up for another trip to the farm. I get back from the 'stan mid October.
    Any time bud. Just let me know when and we can make it happen.

PJ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm in Charlotte and would be willing to make the drive - maybe car pool with others in Charlotte and/ or Raleigh area.

VMI-MO Guest
    UPDATE

Gents,
    Due to some upcoming training, and some other things that have not worked out because of time I am going to have to push back this event.

Expect another warno on this late this month or early next month for another shoot going down in the middle of November.

If I were to go ahead with running this on the 16th it would not be up to par and would not be as good of an experience as it could of been for all those involved.

Feedback Score
    Hmmmm....

Just thinking out loud here...

I have a suitable range (up to 100 yards) and *might* be willing to offer it to the "cause"...

(It's just that everytime I cross this thread I feel "convicted" to offer this range, since I'm blessed enough to work in LE and be a Firearms Instructor and have access to a good range, in this day and age of declining PUBLIC ranges...)

I'm halfway between Asheville and Charlotte, so this would put you WESTERN guys back in the mix...

Because I'm a cop and expect the worst I guess... or at least want to be clear about some considerations/conditions/thoughts from the outset... I know this might sound like I'm a butthole (to offer up a range then lay lots of conditions and hoops to jump through) but anyone in LE can understand why I'm cautious, and I want to be clear from the start, in case this happens...

*I'm pretty busy with training this month and TIME OFF next month, so it might be hard to schedule...

*This is the Sheriff's Office's range, so we would have to plan around all scheduled training...it would probably have to be on a Saturday.

*Although I'm not a POWER TRIP NAZI... since I'm a SO firearms instructor I would have to be the "supervisor" for safety and insurance purposes, and we are VERY SAFE...some things that work great on public ranges or "out in the backyard with my brother" don't fly on ours...

Also unlike some paid ranges, we wouldn't be able to run everybody on their own, doing their own thing. We could have a group handgun session on the pavement, then a group rifle session, then shotguns (I don't care for them but they used them in the old west and in the Great War. ) After that, if anyone wanted to work on specific skills, they could have a range and me (or any other LEOs or certified instructors that could come) run with them for short periods.

We would have to keep this SMALL...I'm thinking 8 or 10 or less... If it got bigger, it looks like a"class" and I will be the only SO rep there, so it would not go smoothly. If demand was higher, I'd rather do two different dates with 6-10 each, than one day with 20 people.

Let's keep this "adults only" unless you have an older teen who is VERY mature, and then I'd still like to preplan with you personally.

GFs/BFs and wives/husbands would be fine, but if they are a non-shooter, they would probably be mightily bored...

Like the OP said (disclaimer) This would NOT be a "class" but you guys would be there WITH ME as "my friends".

Like the OP also said, I would be willing to offer critique, advice, or even some light "coaching", but it would not be a "class" per se. If your skill level is higher than mine, then I certainly expect some coaching and tips!

Possible scenario...

*Meet at 12:00 at a local restaurant to "meet and greet" and we could talk about what everyone wanted to get out of the "range time". This would allow some driving time for anyone 3-4 hours away...

EVEN THOUGH IT ISN'T A CLASS I would pick a restaurant with a meeting room for privacy... Please humor me and allow me to cover safety THERE before we walk onto the range...

Then go to the range around 1:30 PM, and do our thing. If anyone needed to get on the road early, I'd try to accommodate them first.

By the time we could do the "get together" it would be "dark-ish" by 5:30 PM or 6:00 PM, so we would have to wind down by then.

We could finish up at a restaurant, and hopefully for my hosting and work and "goodwill" my check would magically disappear...

Anybody still reading and willing to jump through all these hoops, let me know what you think...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast