Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A review of the Rock River Arms National Match A2 AR-15 (RRA NM A2, NMA2)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by danpass View Post
    are you the fun one at parties?
    Nah, I just think RRA puts too much money into coming up with useless gadgets all the time instead of improving the quality of their rifles, that's all.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Glad yours was ok, I picked up one of these 3 years or more ago new and it took 7 m's of windage to zero. The front sight was so canted it was a shame. It's something I never thought to look at at the store or even before shooting. I went back to the store and inspected another--guess what--it was obvious on that one also. I ended up fixing it myself(tapped the fsb and did flats on barrel) after RRA thought I was on crack.

I'll never buy their crap again.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the detailed report. Very informative.

Feedback Score
    OP, do you still get gas leaks at the FSB? My daughter has been competing with a RRA NMA4 for the past 2 years and there is still gas leaking.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    An odd statement, since that is in no way, shape, or form a free-floating handguard.
    wanna bet a couple mags on that?
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuckatelli View Post
    OP, do you still get gas leaks at the FSB? My daughter has been competing with a RRA NMA4 for the past 2 years and there is still gas leaking.
    Thru a quirk of warranty work I'm using a second RRA NMA2 upper and they both have gas leaks.

Not much but the carbon is noticeable and builds up.
    Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFR View Post
    OK, I see where RRA is having a sale om a couple of their guns. I lik ethe idea od a two stage trigger, is it working OK for you?

Thanks and be safe.
    After about 800 rounds the first stage began to hang and the second stage became a hair trigger.

Failed to make weight at an EIC match.

After the tech played with the trigger springs and some cleanup it still failed to make weight and a kind soul allowed me to use their lower for the match that I drive many hours and miles for.

Instead of messing with it I simply put in a Giessele SSA trigger.
    Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuckatelli View Post
    It doesn't affect much other than the look of the front end. If you are that worried about it run some green locktite around it and that will seal it. Usually it seals itself after a while.

Dan

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I am not a great fan of RRA rifles for "tactical" purposes, I own a RRA DCM rifle (about 10 years old) that is almost identical to the above. Besides the AWB-compliant stuff (mine does not have a compensator or a bayo lug), the only difference is that my rear sight lacks the hood (my flip apertures are the same). Also, the vertical adjustment wheel is slightly different (not GI, but calibrated in sequential numbers: 1, 2, 3, etc.)

The key is only lightly staked, but as a target rifle the rifle is unmatched for me. It shoots about 3/4 MOA at 200 yards (Fed Gold Match ) and is easily the most accurate rifle I have at 200 yards with irons.
    Last edited by Amicus; 01-17-11 at 08:30.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    wanna bet a couple mags on that?
    How about you read the rest of the thread before commenting, genius.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast