Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P and X300 (locking method)

Feedback Score

M&P and X300 (locking method)

I'm ordering a Raven holster, and I was wondering what the consensus on the method of mounting the X300 to S&W M&P pistols.

Should I be looking into using the U/P latch method or Rail Lock?

Thanks.
    Last edited by FPembleton; 04-18-10 at 01:30.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    what is the difference? i am picking up an M&P and I currently have an x300 for my rifle but planned on running one on my pistol too. want to pick up a RC holster too.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The U/P latch allows the light to come on and off quicker and eaiser (eaiser to move to other guns_. The rail lock makes the light feel more solid on the gun, but it tougher to take off. The light comes with both ways to mount, but if you want to use the rail lock, you have to put it together via the instructions.

For either make sure you usr the "P" indicating bar vs the "U" bar.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    U/P is the standard way to go. That's what you'll want your RCS holster set up with.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    U/P is the standard way to go. That's what you'll want your RCS holster set up with.
    Thanks. That's what I ordered from Raven for a M&P Pro. I just wanted to make sure that it would be the preferable model.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FPembleton View Post
    Thanks. That's what I ordered from Raven for a M&P Pro. I just wanted to make sure that it would be the preferable model.
    There is no preferable model (more common, sure). Just two different ways to put the light on the gun. One more secure, and one more of a quick change.
    Last edited by Apollo11; 04-18-10 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Cool beans, the mold that the RCS holsters are based on for the M&P is from my pistol. So if you don't like the fit just blame my gun!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Cool beans, the mold that the RCS holsters are based on for the M&P is from my pistol. So if you don't like the fit just blame my gun!
    Your pistol is immortal! Which caliber(s)?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well, at least my wife's M&P gets to know this special caveat. I may not get to handle Titleist's pile of awesome, but indirectly that can.

And another for the U/P mounting, that's how the light was designed to function.
    Last edited by TehLlama; 04-18-10 at 13:17.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Pro's only come in 9mm. So 9mm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast