Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Gen 4 Glock reports coming in

Feedback Score

Glock Gen 4 Glock reports coming in

called Glock earlier and someone in the tech dept had told him that they are already getting reports of malfunctioning Gen 4's and that they think that the new double spring mechanism combined with unremoved anti seize lube, combined with weaker than usual ammunition, and even the smallest amount of "limp wristing" can cause failures to feed. I KNOW. If I was reading this from one of you...I would be calling BS. But this is absolutely true.

Now they design a new stronger recoil spring for the .40 and put it in the 9mm and make it marginally functional with weak ammo and less than perfect grip...
    http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1175442

this is the gen4 g17:
    Last edited by Robb Jensen; 02-16-10 at 04:48.

Feedback Score
    Sample size of 1 gun is meaningless.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you read the post the guy with the problem admits that cleaning the gun solved the problem...

I'm not seeing a reason to panic here.

Feedback Score
    Hey I have a Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy SS that will fail to feed if you limp wrist it, does that mean Colt is inferior? I had a Kimber custom that fell apart 250 rds in it first time on the range that was brand new (plunger tube safety assembly fell off). That is an epic failure, no longer have the Kimber. My point is, there is a difference between limp wristing, weak ammo, and parts falling off your weapon. These are issues that most guns would have if those factors were present. I want to see how it does when it hits full production and is in the hands of capable users. Most of what he describes is user error............

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    It's from GlockTalk......

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    It's from GlockTalk......
    Exactly.

OMG cleaning a new gun makes it work? That's just sacrilege.

Know matter who makes a firearms, I recommend cleaning it even when new, lube it properly and shooting at least 200-500 rounds before judging it's 'reliability'.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    "Flawed design"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Sigh...

All machines can and will break. All machines are not created equal. Lemons exist in all man made creations.

Someone else mentioned this already but sample size of one...seriously guys lol.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is the report correct in saying that they are using the same captured spring in the .40's and 9's?

...because to my non-firearms-engineer self that sounds like a recipe for trouble.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Is the report correct in saying that they are using the same captured spring in the .40's and 9's?

...because to my non-firearms-engineer self that sounds like a recipe for trouble.
    I have been wondering about that too.

It would either be good for one and either too soft or too stiff for the other. The other option is they split the difference and went with a spring rate in between.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast