Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 SHOT SHOW OPTICS REPORT - Ilya Koshkin & Scott Berish

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How much with the CQBSS cost?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    anything with a tube is going to be sensitive to head position. If you've spent much time running around in awkward positions and ambidextrous shooting then you'd be well aware of the issues of quickly picking up your dot or getting proper cheek weld. The EOtech design simply has more capability for a quicker dot aquisition.

I really do like the Aimpoint dont get me wrong. I'm speaking here in terms of theoretical and practical systemic advantages not in terms of quality or training issues.
    My experience with the two sights, is that they both require your eye to be in the range where the aiming point is visible, the Eotech has a larger window, so it can be slightly easier, but it's not a huge enough difference to say that Aimpoint will die, and Eotech will survive. I think Red Dots and Holo Sights won't be going anywhere any time soon.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 02-01-10 at 16:37.

Dano5326 Guest
    1) this should not degenerate into a eotech vs aimpoint. PM your fanboyisms to eachother. Spattering ill-informed opins does us no good and takes the thread off course. Topic is new optics

2) Red dot sights are not going to be, or should be, displaced in the 0-300 fight. The training, individual capability, operational envelop, and logistical requirements for use of vari-powered optics preclude them for wide issuance to conventional forces.

3) Leupold, S&B, and Premier have 1-8 optics worth looking at. Each has pros & cons a savvy user will pick up quickly.

Feedback Score
    wasnt this whole discussion in 2010?
    You can never make anyting idiot-proof, whenever you get close they just build a better idiot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by threeheadeddog View Post
    wasnt this whole discussion in 2010?
    The title "2010" Shot Show Optics Reports ...pretty much says it all

For a current optic report look in the "Shot Show 2011 Links" thread
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12