Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FULL -Vickers Tactical 1-Day Basic Handgun Class - Fuquay-Varina, NC‎ - June 12, 2010

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It looks like it is going to be about 95 degrees tomorrow at the range. I'd make sure I had plenty of fluids to drink and some sun block.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

AAR - Grey Group/Vickers Tactical 1-day Basic Pistol Class - June 12th, 2010

It was balls-hot, but that was a. Great. Freakin'. Time.

The heat level made for a very nice test of the Comp-Tac Minotaur I'd gotten for my M&P .45 mid.

-Gun got sorta hot during a couple of drills, but I didn't feel a thing, holstered.
    -Didn't notice how much sweat soaked into the leather until I got back to my hotel to shower and change.
    -It took until about 3/4 of the class-time for my undershirt to become untucked enough (from multiple draws) to be an obstruction worry. That's at least a 200% improvement.
    -Gun is very snug to the body without interfering with my ability to get my initial grip for a good draw.

Reeeeeeally like the thing. Money well spent. Need to pick up a couple sets of overhooks in 1.5". I have them in 1.75" and was using a 1.5" belt, and it worked out fine, but figure that my undershirts are far more likely to stay in place if I take away that little extra increment of movement from the inevitable holster shift caused by drawing and holstering.

What was that final distance we were at on the steel walk-back? About 60-70m, right?

It was great meeting everybody, and thanks, guys!
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123