Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FNAR

Feedback Score

FNAR

I am looking at adding a 308 to my safe and have been looking at the FN FNAR. Anyone had any experience with one? Any pro's of con's compared to a good AR10?

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    The main thing that kept me from buying one was that FN wants you to return the rifle to the factory for cleaning, IIRC...

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine has the heavy barrel version and likes it just fine. It's a good shooter with a very good trigger. Very accurate for a chrome lined barrel.

I've only heard of two complaints..

Trigger sometimes is not as good as advertised and isn't adjustable.

There is something about breaking it down to clean, a screw or something that is easy to break.

The only other comment I've heard about it is 'not exactly a battle rifle' but everything seems to indicate heavy duty about it.

It's on my list to get at some point.

Feedback Score
    Well as an update. I picked the FNAR up day before yesterday. Now if the damn rain will stop long enough for me to sight it in and see what it can do!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradA View Post
    Well as an update. I picked the FNAR up day before yesterday. Now if the damn rain will stop long enough for me to sight it in and see what it can do!
    Yeah this rain sucks How bout posting a pic or two of your new toy. Id like to know what you think about it once you get a chance to shoot it. I want a 308 also but still looking at my options.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    I have the heavy fluted barrel. Only have 60 rounds thru it, but its a smooth gun. Breakdown is a chore, but you can find a few references on the FNAR forum. The mags are pricey and the 10 rounders are pretty scarce.
    Like to hear what you think when you sight it in...

Feedback Score
    Ok 100 rounds into it now. Still fine turning it, but out of the few factory rounds i have tried so far, it likes the Hornady TAP FRD 168 gn. the best. Best group @ 200 yards is under 1" biggest group is about 3". Larger groups should probably be blamed more on me and the wind than the rifle. Recoil in almost nill. Now to start working on hand loads with a buddy of mine and see what we can get. Will keep everyone updated and will try to get a few picts up in the next day or so.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BradA View Post
    I am looking at adding a 308 to my safe and have been looking at the FN FNAR. Anyone had any experience with one? Any pro's of con's compared to a good AR10?
    This is one of the best auto-loading 308's available IMHO. with a cost of around $1300, hammer forged barrel and EXCELLENT accruacy, it is a winner.

C4

Feedback Score
    So far I dont have anything to complain about, but time will tell.

Feedback Score
    Well this week really just got good! Get to play with the FNAR a little more tomorrow and my aimpoint and magnifier that I ordered dirt cheap just arived!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast