Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FNAR

Feedback Score
    Even if it took p-mags, other things holding me back are lack of ability to customize and difficulty to fieldstrip.

I also read at snipershide that "the action is a stressed component," but I haven't spent the time to figure out exactly how that is, or if it would make a difference to me.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    FNAR heavy owner here, picked mine up pretty much the second it became available. As people have said it is a very good shooter. Very accurate for an autoloader. Nice trigger IMO, I like the ability to adjust the gas screw when set up right. The recoil is little more then that of an AK. Though as people have said it is a royal pain to strip down and clean. As someone who got into weapons with the AR platform and the AK platforms like these where field stripping and cleaning is simple the transition will likely make you wanna rip your hair out alittle at first. At least for me. I didn't like the fact I had to turn to youtube to learn how to take the bolt carrier out.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLuznnkmy2k this is the video wanna make it clear I didn't make it but I am thankful for the guy that did if he's on here lol).

tl:dr If you have the patience to get use to how to strip it and clean it. It truly is a wonderful rifle accurate, light kick, reliable as hell not to mention with a Leupold optic and a harris on it. Looks damn sexy and evil as a black rifle can be lol.

If you don't have the patience to get use to how to break it down(I can't blame you) I hear the LR308 is very good rifle for about the same price.

Feedback Score
    The FNAR is a decent rifle, I like the heavier barrel, but its still basically a higher cap mag heavy barreled Browning BAR. Years ago when I was doing some general repairs I worked on quite a few, they are good semi autos for your seasonal hunter but they wont hold up to weekend after weekend blasting, and yea they are a pain to tear down compared to 308 ARs or M14s. The 300 Win mag models had even more problems, the Army tested a 300 Win Mag heavy barreled rifle some years back and found it would not hold up.............

Feedback Score
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    It looks much better and I'll bet handles much better with that stock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123