Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quikclot for First Aid in Survival Situation

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    My son was shot and used it on the way to the hospital. It worked as advertised.

Feedback Score
    Some outdoor provision type companies like REI carry it in a civilian form from Z-Medica. I get this for backpacking, fishing and outdoor activities, in addition to a regular trauma kit depending on the travel location/destination.

http://www.rei.com/search?query=Quic...68&button.y=10

Feedback Score

Quikclot Available at a Number of Sources

With regard to the question of where to buy Quikclot products, the answer is that it is available at a number of places- REI, Dick's Sporting Goods, and E-Bay are all carrying it. One of the easiest places is to just go to Quikclot.com or Zmedica.com. They make it, market it and will sell it directly to you. Quikclot "Nosebleed" is carried at Kroger and Fry's Supermarkets.

Feedback Score
    Xcellent info here! Especially from those with first hand knowledge and use! Was planning on getting some to add to the kit, now I know which to get. Thanks

Feedback Score
    when did this gauze stuff come out? I was in Iraq in '08 and we still had the granulated stuff...
    My other gun is a 155mm howitzer.....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought the gauze version in 09 in a camping store. I carry it in my vehicle "survival" kit. FMJs-of-Freedom

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i just watched a test vid on youtube of quick clot by cutting a pigs femoral artery and applying it, very impressive.

Feedback Score
    Great discussion and links everyone.... I wanted to add some of this to my first aid preps. My questions are now answered without even having to ask!
    Last edited by 762xIan; 04-15-10 at 23:21.
    "Disperse you rebels!, Damn You! Throw down your arms and Disperse!"....British Major Pitcairn at Lexington, April 19th 1775

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if I wanted to have a decent array of quik clot for what types is it recommended to have? Am I allowed to purchase the ones that is categorized under military/LEO? or healthcare professionals? Or am I only limited to the OTC stuff.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 04-20-10 at 10:53.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast