Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Savannah area members

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I live in Claxton and i also Stay inDarien some as well. I am about to buy a Daniel Defence 300 blackout and buy a jp .223 upper for it as well. I have one big probelem i have know where to shoot it!! When i am in Claxton i could easily find some where to pop off a few rounds but nothing over about fifty rounds or so. Firearm noise is not what people want to hear on a Saturday or Sunday (or at least not 300 rounds or more). So my Question is is there any where within a hour of either Claxton or Darien that has a decent place to shoot. I do not mind paying for membership (i expect that) or just pay to use the facilities. I would think that between Statesboro, Savannah, Hinesville, and Brunswick there would be a decent range somewhere but i have yet to find it. Does Ft. Stewert let Civilians use there range on 144? I called range Control on time and asked them and They Said no. At one time i tried to get some people up to lease some land to make our own range but when it came down to it people started backing out and it was hard to find land owners that would let us use the land for a range. Anyway...... any advice or info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Theres a private gun club in ridgeland, SC. I use to be a member(when I lived in SC) and its a nice place to shoot. If i remember dues were 300ish a year maybe less. My youngest brother is a current member. I miss that place. Its called Dos Lupes gun club http://targetgunrange.com/ Its an 11 acre property. 300 yard max rifle bays, pistol bays, a "tactial area" with re-arrangeable targets and cover positions, a shotgun/skeet area as well as a decent sized stocked pond and dirt go cart track. You get a key and badge with membership and access to the club property literally ANYTIME, day, night, holidays whatever. I use to go a lot during the week while most folks were at work, had the whole property to myself Best place I know of to shoot in that area. The owner is a lawyer and nice guy. His name is Russ, if you call him, he will ask you to come out most likely on a sunday so he can show you around(golf cart tour lol). If you arent a jackass you get the application to fill out. Read that app word for word, theres a trick to it to make sure you actually read it!!! If all goes well, you got a fun place to shoot. Sundays are when most memebers are present, the owner would bring plenty of food to grill out for us. Nothing like a good meal cooked on an open fire with like minded shootn buddies
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was kinda looking for something closer than Ridgeland. Thats about a two hour drive for me. On the other hand if that is my only option than i will check it out. I think there is a gun club in Brunswick that i may check out as well. Thank you for the info. I really wish there were more places to shoot!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Noliver....there is a descent 100 yard range in Richmond Hill out 144.
    I go there a good bit. Ga recently changed a few regs and now require aGORP pass to be able to shoot at most or all state shooting ranges. I have the Sportsman pass which includes hunting /fishing and it clears you of having the GORP to shoot.
    Im including the page of ranges...scroll to bottom...
    http://georgiawildlife.com/node/920

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Lowcountrytj, Thank you for the information I will Definitely check that out. Do you shoot there? Have you heard anything about the gun club in brunswick?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Noliver...Yes I do shoot there. I dont have a set schedule as to when. I play it by ear.
    You have to provide your own targets and target stands if you wish. They require target stands at about 50 yards and closer at approximately 2 to 3 feet high due to back stop not being high enough to catch ricochets.
    It has wooden bench rest and is covered.
    No I do not know of any gun club in Brunswick.
    Lemme know when you decide to go...I have a family member who works for DD we shoot on a regular basis ( or as much as family time and work allows! )
    P.s. Blankenship in Richmond Hill is a big DD dealer and they frequent there a good bit and they allow folks to fire their weapons. Call em about the 300 just a thought
    Last edited by lowcountrytj; 02-21-12 at 19:05.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just PCS'd to Stewart a little over a month ago. The only shooting I've done so far was IDPA in Springfield and USPSA in Brunswick. Seeing as the last post was over 3 years ago, any members still around?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234