Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well...I did it now (Colt + Krylon)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get that light tan on their and it will look very nice! Not quite Multicam but it will still look nice.

Feedback Score

I have to ask, are you really spraying it in the tub? My favorite is shooting gunkote in the spare bedroom in January with the window open to
    vent and a VOC mask on... At least the neighbors have their windows closed

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Do I stupid as I look I am!?!?!?

Nope spraying it right outside my apartment complex. Had a few guys stop and shoot the shit...ask me if it was real or airsoft...didn't believe me so I had to wait for the paint to dry...pull the charging handle back...activate the BHO and show them. I guess they couldn't believe I was actually painting a real AR.

BTW Thanks Joe!

I'm gonna get the khaki on there tomorrow probably and then I have to wait for the coyote, brown, and white. Just got notice from fed ex that they should be here on Tuesday the 10th.

Don't remember if I've already put this in the thread but I tried using blue painters tape and it damn near pulled off all the paint So that's when I resorted to using templates by way of manilla folders!
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    Do I stupid as I look I am!?!?!?
    You never know on the interweb. I reserve the spare bathroom for drying negatives.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I honestly dont see the sense in painting your rifle if you arent actually using it over in the sandbox, but thats just my opinion. It's your stuff, do whatever makes ya happy man, and **** whoever tells you otherwise.
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    I tell you what fivepointoh, that last pic of it in the shower with the green on it is FLIPPING AWESOME! I love it, you have just inspired me to do mine. I have been debating it for a while but like you I decided, what the heck! It gives it some serious style. Plus if the paint starts to chip, just give it another burst of the same color of krylon and walla.

panzerr Guest
    Agreed, that green is awesome. Are you going to do any more or is it all done?

SuicideHz, that post wasn't aimed at your or anyone else for that matter. You're right; I do have a lot of tone –but I won’t apologize for it. Yesterday was my one year anniversary in country and I still have four more months of patrolling the desert before I am allowed to go home and be reminded of how different civilian life is.

FYI the expensive coating I was referring was Wilson Combat's Tuff Coat. Good stuff, but I don't see any sense in spending the money on it when there are inexpensive alternatives.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    thanks guys...I do hunt Coyotes and have thought about using it for that.

Dunno how much progress I'm gonna make in the next couple days...rain, wind, and cold cold weather in the forecast for the weekend. Plus I gotta work the night shift tonight.
    Professional Babysitter

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    I honestly dont see the sense in painting your rifle if you arent actually using it over in the sandbox, but thats just my opinion. It's your stuff, do whatever makes ya happy man, and **** whoever tells you otherwise.
    I am still debating painting mine, but had to agree with how you said **** what everyone else thinks!!!!!

I only have a Cav Arms MKII so I am not expecting much other than firing it in the dessert and playing in the dirst with it.......Now when I get my Bushy then I might just leave it that original evil black!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepointoh View Post
    thanks guys...I do hunt Coyotes and have thought about using it for that.

Dunno how much progress I'm gonna make in the next couple days...rain, wind, and cold cold weather in the forecast for the weekend. Plus I gotta work the night shift tonight.

Lookin siiiiiiiiiick buddy! I have made my mind up I am going to Krylon the poop out of mine when I get my YHM slapped on, and like C'yote said, when it starts flaking, spry a little more on it, only ads more character!!! Nice work fivepointoh!

FF

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast