Thread: Flash Hider Lengths ???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Flash Hider Lengths ???

I'm curious how much length the various flash hiders add to the overall length of a barrel. Specific added-length dimensions for the following and any other relevant options are appreciated:

A2
    Phantom
    Vortex
    Noveske KX3
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score

Noveske KX3

Heat-Treated CM Construction
    Phosphate Finish
    7.2 ounces
    1.35″ Dia
    3.28″ OAL
    1⁄2×28 Threads - Fits 5.56/.223

Designed for SBR use & very nice indeed for this application. I'm not sure what specific use you're inquiring about, but if this is a requirement for you then spend the $125 for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Here's a pic I took of 2 of my 11.5" uppers, 1 w/KX3 and 1 w/A2 FS'r.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Measure the length of the muzzle device (if screwed on), and subtract roughly a half inch from the overall length of the device, and you get your final measurement.

Example: an A2 is roughly 1.5" long. However, added to a 14.5" barrel, you loose about 0.5" in length. Therefore, your barrel with A2 is now only about 15.5" long (without the peel or crush washer). That's why CMMG uses a 14.7" barrel on some guns with A2s to get out to 16".
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Feedback Score
    Off topic a moment - gotm4, what is the front sight you have on the SBR with the piggy?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ISAIAH53 View Post
    Off topic a moment - gotm4, what is the front sight you have on the SBR with the piggy?
    I sold that upper but it's a 11.5" bbl, cutdown Larue 12.0 rail, LMT front sight(it's made for the MRP), Noveske KX3, Larue rear sight, Larue light, Larue Eotech mount and Eotech 552. I took that picture a while ago because a lot of people kept saying that it added 3" to the barrels length (so you should just run a 14.5" barrel then) when it doesn't add more than roughly an inch when compared to an A2 flash hider on an equal length bbl.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)