Thread: I need 922r/Benelli M4 Advice

Feedback Score

I need 922r/Benelli M4 Advice

I have a source for a Benelli M4 with the collapsable stock and factory 2 shell mag extension. For the life of me, I am trying to determine if this thing would be 922r legal. Every thing I read says that it is not.

The reason I am looking at purchasing this shotgun is for games. That, and I figure it may have some collection value down the road. I can get one that is decked out, but I don't want to be at odds with the ATF. Putting my 2nd amendment rights in jepoardy over a cosmetic stock is not a smart idea.

Also, would registering the M4 allow me to bypass 922r?

Hopefully I can get a quick reply as the gun will not last long. If I don't move on it, he'll sell it to someone else.
    “Fixed fortifications are monuments to man's stupidity,” George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Supposedly if you registered it as a SBS on a Form 1 it takes it out of the 1989 Import laws, since it would then be a NFA gun which isn't importable for non-Military/non-LE. I'd ask an attorney.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I can get one that is decked out, but I don't want to be at odds with the ATF. Putting my 2nd amendment rights in jepoardy over a cosmetic stock is not a smart idea.

Also, would registering the M4 allow me to bypass 922r?

Hopefully I can get a quick reply as the gun will not last long. If I don't move on it, he'll sell it to someone else.

Putting your 2nd amendment rights in jepoardy by asking for quick legal advice on the internet is not a good idea either. Even though there are quite a few helpful and intelligent people here, you really should call an attorney who practices in this area.