Thread: Gunslick Foaming Bore Cleaner...not good for ARs?!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Gunslick Foaming Bore Cleaner...not good for ARs?!

I picked up a can of Gunslick Foaming Bore Cleaner the other day at Gander Mountain for a fairly good price. After getting home and reading the instructions on the back, I noticed a little line at the bottom that read:

"Note: Can be used with recoil operated automatics but NOT recommended for gas operated automatics."

Whats the deal with this? Anybody know why? Will it hurt my gas system if I use it? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    I picked up a can of Gunslick Foaming Bore Cleaner the other day at Gander Mountain for a fairly good price. After getting home and reading the instructions on the back, I noticed a little line at the bottom that read:

"Note: Can be used with recoil operated automatics but NOT recommended for gas operated automatics."

Whats the deal with this? Anybody know why? Will it hurt my gas system if I use it? Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.
    If you use it, just be sure to rinse it with very hot water. That stuff is awesome for cleaning my handguns.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I use it in my LMT I do flush out the bore and gas tube with non- chlorinated brake cleaner after I am through brushing it out.
    If you do not clean it all out it can leave a sticky residue but brake cleaner will wash it away easily.
    Last edited by Thomas M-4; 02-07-10 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been using the wipeout foam and blow out the gas tube w/ a shot of compressed air...wouldn't the next round of shooting remove what little bit of residue is left in the gas tube anyway??
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2: