Thread: USPSA Rule concerning mag pouches.

Feedback Score

USPSA Rule concerning mag pouches.

I had heard that there were restrictions on the type of mag pouches you can use in Production class, but I cannot find the rule in the USPSA rule book.

Anyone know where I may find it?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    There aren't really rules about what types of pouches you can use (I've seen and used many different types), but more the location where you wear them. Section 5.2, Appendix E2 and E3 cover holster/magazine pouch description. The Production Division Appendix (D4) lists the maximum distance from the body that the magazines can be placed, where the pouches/holster can be placed, and what restrictions there are on holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by USPSA Rulebook
    5.2.5 Where a Division specifies a maximum distance that a competitor’s
    handgun and equipment may extend away from a competitor’s belt, the
    measurement shall be taken in the following manner:
    — perpendicular to the belt at the point of attachment to the belt
    — from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the pants/body) to the nearest body-side surface of the handgun and/or anyreloading device.
    5.2.5.1 These measurements may be taken with the equipment as worn or removed (see App. E2).
    5.2.5.2 Any competitor who fails the foregoing test will be required to immediately adjust his holster or equipment to comply with the requirements of the relevant Division. The Range Master may make allowances for variations in these requirements due to anatomical considerations. Some competitors may not be able to fully comply.
    5.2.5.3 Unless specified in the written stage briefing, or unless required by a Range Officer, the position of holsters and allied equipment must not be moved or changed by a competitor during a match. If a retaining strap is attached to a holster or magazine pouch, it must be applied or closed prior to issuance of the “Standby” command.
    5.2.6 USPSA Handgun matches will not require the use of a particular type or brand of holster. However, the Range Master may deem that a competitor’s holster is unsafe and order that it be improved to his satisfaction, failing which it must be withdrawn from the match. Divisions may restrict a specific type of holster.
    Last edited by cougar_guy04; 01-17-11 at 17:48.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    That is what I had found. I had someone tell me that for production class you couldn't use mag pouches like the CR Speed ones with the opening on the front, and I was trying to see if that really was a rule.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelican82 View Post
    That is what I had found. I had someone tell me that for production class you couldn't use mag pouches like the CR Speed ones with the opening on the front, and I was trying to see if that really was a rule.
    I use CR Speed in production all the time. I think your source needs to read to rule book.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    CR Speed is legal for Production but must be used behind the hip bone and be completely vertical.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You are not allowed to run those magnetic style pouches in production.

Feedback Score
    AFAIK There are no rules that state you cannot angle, or cant your magazine pouches in USPSA Production Division.
    They must be behind your hipbone and be no farther than 2" from the inside of the belt to inside of the magazine.

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/2010Handg...sProof3web.pdf
    See Appendix's D4, E2, E3

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtischauser View Post
    I use CR Speed in production all the time. I think your source needs to read to rule book.
    Ditto on both counts. Myself and one other buddy I shoot with both use the CR Speed pouches, never any issues (plus my belt can pull double duty for Production with the Glock and L-10 with the 1911 without changing pouches).
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    CR Speed is legal for Production but must be used behind the hip bone and be completely vertical.
    Thank you for the info guys.