Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Pick My Accessories for my SBR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark31 View Post
    I would say that once you add a sling mount, the weight would be about the same. Am I off?
    I don't know, and I won't be in a place to weigh my stuff for quite awhile. According to the maryland AR shooters site, the Dd weighs 8.5 oz and the LT weighs 11. Beyond that it would all depend on what kind of sling attachment you're talking about. If you use the LT rail you still have to use a pushbutton QD loop, but you can attach a fixed loop to the DD and do away with that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I don't know, and I won't be in a place to weigh my stuff for quite awhile. According to the maryland AR shooters site, the Dd weighs 8.5 oz and the LT weighs 11. Beyond that it would all depend on what kind of sling attachment you're talking about. If you use the LT rail you still have to use a pushbutton QD loop, but you can attach a fixed loop to the DD and do away with that.
    So This would make the DD a better alternative to the LaRue Handguards for weight saving purposes? If both are on par with build quality and durability, I guess the DD would be a better choice because of the weight savings. Am I right?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Aimpoint & Larue LT150 mount
    of the 2 you said, I'd go w/Troy rear sight (personally I like fixed rear sights and use the Larue BUIS)
    DD 7.0 Lite rail
    KAC forward grip
    Magpul CTR
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    EoTech
    Yankee Hill rear sight
    Troy Rail or DD Rail
    Tango Down
    CTR
    Vtac/LaRue Sling

Feedback Score
    Get what you want

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If you're DIY just remember the DD Light Rail requires a dedicated wrench, which you'll have to add to the cost of the unit if you can't borrow one. The Light Rail is also a pain if you want to move to a gas block under your rails.

The Larue handguards are very easy to install and are bombproof. If you're using a low profile gas block, you don't even need to remove the muzzle device or gas block to swap out handguard lengths (once you have a set of the Larue handguards installed).

Also a big +1 on the shorty TD VFG. I put mine on an ARMS #17DR QD rail (just until Larue Tactical decides to make a short piece of pic rail!).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Derek- He IS getting what he wants but unfortunately he doesn't know what he wants 100%.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Derek- He IS getting what he wants but unfortunately he doesn't know what he wants 100%.
    This pretty much sums it up

As of now, I am leaning towards:

1. LaRue BUIS
    2. Aimpoint with LT-150
    3. LaRue 7 Handguards
    4. TangoDown Stubby VG
    5. Magpul CTR

However, this can change

I hate too many choices. Makes me so stressed

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    If you're DIY just remember the DD Light Rail requires a dedicated wrench, which you'll have to add to the cost of the unit if you can't borrow one. The Light Rail is also a pain if you want to move to a gas block under your rails.

The Larue handguards are very easy to install and are bombproof. If you're using a low profile gas block, you don't even need to remove the muzzle device or gas block to swap out handguard lengths (once you have a set of the Larue handguards installed).

Also a big +1 on the shorty TD VFG. I put mine on an ARMS #17DR QD rail (just until Larue Tactical decides to make a short piece of pic rail!).

That is EXACTLY what I want to do with mine. #17DR QD is the ARMS product #? I just want to make sure I order the right thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    That is EXACTLY what I want to do with mine. #17DR QD is the ARMS product #? I just want to make sure I order the right thing.
    I'm going to use my LT110 for my VFG QD.

Ignore the Ghett0 light and mount. That's all I could come up with on short notice.

The TD VFG doesn't catch both notches on that Eotech mount's hump. There'd have to be a notch cut through the grip to slide past the tension nut. It wouldn't affect the strength.

Neat idea?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast