Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Verifying Lower Registered as Pistol

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Verifying Lower Registered as Pistol

At a recent gun show on a private table, a seller had assembled Doublestar lowers in the pistol configuration and advised they were registered as pistol lowers. He had 8 or so of them all set up the same. At $275 for a complete lower, I could not resist and bought one. I know on Rock River pistol lowers, they have pistol engraved on the side. I also have a doublestar rifle lower and as far as identifying marking, they look exactly the same aside from the serial #'s. Both serial #'s are preceded by DSCG. Is there any way other than calling Doublestar and providing the serial # to verify this is a registered pistol lower. I am law abiding citizen and the last thing I would want is to get into trouble due to an illegal firearm and I want to verify this prior to assembling with a pistol upper. The guy selling them is at most of the local gun shows and seems reputable but it was a private sale and no paperwork involved. Any info would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    I would not worry about it to much, you can call or email double star with the serial and have them check to see how it left the factory. main thing you want is to make sure it left the factory as a stripped lower.

Feedback Score
    No paperwork on a pistol sale? What state?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post
    No paperwork on a pistol sale? What state?
    Sounds like it was handled as a private sale from a personal collection.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    yes, it was a private sale from a personal collection.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stik View Post
    yes, it was a private sale from a personal collection.
    That's why I asked what the state was, here there is still a registration ergo paperwork involved, for pistols.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Alabama

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stik View Post
    Alabama
    Learn something every other day... I just looked at the AL code and there's no reference to private sale or 'inspection' (registration) of pistols. That's really the case down there?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq47 View Post
    Learn something every other day... I just looked at the AL code and there's no reference to private sale or 'inspection' (registration) of pistols. That's really the case down there?
    Never been to Alabama, but individual private sales are unrestricted here in OK, and were in WI when I lived there. I didn't realize there were states (at least in America) that private transactions weren't unrestricted.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No paper work or registration here in LA for personal sales of handguns or rifles.

To the OP, you need to call the manufacturer of the lower and give them the serial number in order to know how it left the factory.
    I had to do this with a TC Contender once and it was a painless phone call, well worth the peace of mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast