Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any good factory 9mm 1911s out there?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post

The barrel is ramped which may aid in the reliability. My 11 year old son shoots it when we go to the range and after the last range session he informed me that he would like one for his birthday.
    Now thats what Pappabear likes to hear. My 11 year old shot my 1911, being a 45, he had all he wanted for a while. The 9 is the ticket for the boys. You get a vote from papabear to get him one- then sell yours and you'll have a new one

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't see it often, and know it's not common (some of the reasons have already been indicated in this thread), but I'm curious how many folks have a 9mm 1911 that they are confident enough in to carry it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

I am toying with the idea of buying a range toy 9mm 1911. Anybody make a decent one these days?
    For the $$$, the new S&W seems a winner. I have shot one at a an IDPA match (borrowed from a friend for the day) and I wouldn't hesitate to own one. It was a joy to shoot, and for the $$$, fit/finish, trigger, pull, etc was great. Obviously, depends on what you plan to use it for, but for matches, range time, courses, = winner. For other more serious uses (CCW, duty, etc) have not worked with the gun enough to comment there. Some would avoid on the schwartz-like safety system alone if intended for SD/Duty.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tip2oo3 View Post
    drool.
    I put up a thread on it if interested:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...hlight=spec-op

Personally, I want one.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a 9mm full rail operator - sweet gun. But, it is a Custom Shop Springer. So, it was rather expensive.

This thing weighs approx 50 oz with the thick 9mm bull barrel. While it's not QUITE like shooting a 22, it is somewhat close. Low recoiling gun.

I did just order another 9mm custom shop gun in Dec 2009 - a Custom Carry (5" non railed 1911 in 9mm). I hope to have it in by the end of the year.

Last edited by ShipWreck; 02-26-10 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I put up a thread on it if interested:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...hlight=spec-op

Personally, I want one.
    Everytime I shoot mine, I love it more and more
    the grip is ever so slightly bigger than a singlestack of course, but it just points so naturally and now with well over a thousand rounds through it the thing is broken in and is very, very smooth. Great trigger and just feels very, very solid and tight.

I may very well sell my Springfield loaded stainless 45 as I don't really have much desire to shoot it any more
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    I have a 9mm full rail operator - sweet gun. But, it is a Custom Shop Springer. So, it was rather expensive.

This thing weighs approx 50 oz with the thick 9mm bull barrel. While it's not QUITE like shooting a 22, it is somewhat close. Low recoiling gun.

I did just order another 9mm custom shop gun in Dec 2009 - a Custom Carry (5" non railed 1911 in 9mm). I hope to have it in by the end of the year.

Shipwreck, That gun is so badass. wow.

Feedback Score
    it is a bad ass looking gun isn't it?
    Charles Coker

Disclosure statement:
    Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
    Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
    Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks. I really like it. I was almost tempted to buy another with the Black T finish, but I ordered the 9mm custom carry instead.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345