Thread: Opinions on Nova Pump

Feedback Score

Opinions on Nova Pump

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Benelli Nova Pump tactical if so, what were your likes/dislikes?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    They're light....and they have increased recoil because of that...although they do sell a recoil reduction device that goes in the stock.

I don't like how the stock and receiver are one unit, but they are reliable pieces.

I'd go (and did) for a Remington 870 Police over the Nova.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Last weekend I shot themadhatters SuperNova w/comfortTech stock w/3.5" slugs. He complained about it. But to me it felt like full power 2.75" slugs out of my M1 Super.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    5X better then the rem 870.

-faster to load
    -easier to clean
    -easier to modify

My .02

VNG

cebuboy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskagrown View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has tried the Benelli Nova Pump tactical if so, what were your likes/dislikes?
    Good shotgun, reliable and easy to use. Kind of like a Glock pistol

The stock is too long for people here in my neck of the woods and it is one unit with the receiver, cant change to a shorter one.

The new Supernova fixed that problem though...

Feedback Score
    I truley hope they are decent mine should be in tomorrow morning. The price was just too good to pass up for a beater slug gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VNGunfighter View Post
    5X better then the rem 870.

-faster to load
    -easier to clean
    -easier to modify

My .02

VNG
    How on earth is it easier to modify?!?!?!

Modify it with WHAT??? I couldn't even find a replacement stock for it. I hope you aren't talking about a super tactical 1.5# trigger pull

Feedback Score

+1...Nova = GLOCK Shotgun

Could definitely use a Knoxx (now Blackhawk) or Mesa Tactical stock option to tame recoil...at $300 - $350, they are selling a ton of them. Tactical model is nicely done, but still no M4 or M1Super90/M3!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
    I truley hope they are decent mine should be in tomorrow morning. The price was just too good to pass up for a beater slug gun.
    Picked it up today, man the receiver seems overly large, but the sights are excelent Tactical model with the ghost ring sights. I am planning to try to put 3 differant types of slugs through it tomorrow, Brenneke, Remington, and Federal. Hopefully my shoulder will still work tomorrow afternoon. The gun is heavier than I thought it would be so I dont think they will be too bad. Anyone try the Choate mag extension on one of these yet. $50 seems alot more reasonable than what Bennelli wants for theirs. Also anyone know where to get replacement barrels? Specificly the rifled cantaliver scope mount.