Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CRPC Shoot No. 3 - April 24 - Debrief

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Little bit of a drive, but I should be able to manage.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If anyone brings some spare .308 be my guest. I'll bring the SR-25 battle rifle for anyone who wants to give it a whirl.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wake.joe View Post
    Don't see why I couldn't. I think I have a babysitter that weekend.

What do I need to do? Range memberships? Waivers?
    Please read the intro and sign in:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=40494

and show up with $10 in $1 bills.

Feedback Score

Looking to be there

10.00 ant no thing, where and when.

Be cool

Rob
    Rob L

Feedback Score

$10.00 in one (1 ) bills

Now what else they got going on in the club house?

Just asking, what evers cool with me.

Be really safe, just hope I dont get a job that weekend.

Rob
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    HAH! no girls on the range, sorry. dont think we'd get too much training done, but then again- $10 would be gone in about 3 sets.

$10 in ones 'cause i dont know what everyones' share will be till we get a headcount.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Update

Dont forget !

i meant to post a reminder update last night, but the site was down.. so here it is

we'll start shooting at 11, so you'll probably want to show at 10:30 or earlier. earlier if you want to zero or otherwise **** with your shit. i'm taking tomorrow off to prepare, so hopefully i'll all ready to roll saturday morning and be at the range by 8. since this NEVER actually happens, you may or may not be able to get in before 10ish. you're welcome to come any time after 8, whether anyone's there or not, but if the gate's closed, you'll have to park on the road and hike up.

bring a bit more pistol than we usually shoot- i'd suggest 200 rounds. i'd also suggest 400 of rifle- we may or may not shoot that much. also, bring your CCW gear and clothing similar to what you usually wear- we'll be doing some good CCW drills.

checklist:
    Pistol ammo
    rifle ammo
    ear pro
    eye pro
    EMPTY mags and loose rounds to load into them for round limit drills
    knee/elbow pads if youre a pussy
    food/drink- hopefully it'll be warm, so gatoraid might not be a bad idea. no whiskey.
    TA50 and CCW rig/gear
    Form 1s and 4s, if you got 'em
    and dont forget $10 in ones!

lastly, we try to be as respectful of the neighbors as possible. please slow to well under 25mph as you pass the last house on the left before you get to the range.. you'll see a SLOW/CHILDREN type sign as you approach. basically the only traffic these folks have to deal with is range traffic- so if you go whizzing by and kick up dust and run over their dog/kids, the range will get bitched at.

looking forward to it, gentlemen. any questions/concerns/problems/whatever, feel free to PM me or email me at bkb0000@comcast.net

ETA- almost forgot! bring some .308, if you want an opportunity to rock out with an SR25- Titleist's made-out-of-money-ass will be bringing one for us all to enjoy. but you'll need some .308, 'cause nobody likes a mooch.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 04-22-10 at 22:26.

Feedback Score

Looking forward

to it, if I get all my BS done I'll be there.

Be safe

rob
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Short ammo funds are keepin me out today. Sorry yal. I wanna see some pics tho.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Debrief

Excellent day at the range. we really got some good training in today.

one weird thing, though.... ONLY 2 SHOOTERS??

you guys suck!

Thanks for coming out, Isaac and Piet.

rundown of the day-

started with a quick zero confirm, then isaac's benelli- very nice shotgun. i did a quick mag dump with the last of the 10-15 rounds he'd brought, and was pretty impressed. no more shotshell, after that...

then moved into some basic line-firing.. up drills on failures, transitions, etc. once warmed up, i think we pretty much went straight into shoot n move. We each ran a few courses of fire emphasizing shooting from or to cover, transitioning to get to cover to reload, doing manips from cover, etc.

then we switched over to CCW drills- did some El Presidentes, some Deputy Blanks (action/reaction drills), and some head-to-head shootouts. the shootouts are my favorite line drills. put the carbines and TA50 back on and did some off line-of-attack movement drills.

next Isaac busted out the SR25, which none of you couch-sitters got to shoot, and we moved back to some carbine shoot n move cover runs. topped everything off with some more line drills- X-drills, some more head-to-head, ****ed off a little, shot my 700 for a couple shaky groups, policed our estimated 2250 rounds of brass between the three of us, shot the shit for a bit and took off, tired and satisfied with an excellent day at the range.

now for the lecture:

the disappointment associated with the ridiculously low turnout isn't for us- we did fine with just the three of us. there were a couple of drills we couldnt do because we didn't have enough people- but really, having only 3 of us allowed for a much more rapid day, much higher round expenditures through real training, etc. thats NOT to say i'm glad you assholes didn't make it- i'm just leading up to the point that my disappointment isn't a selfish one, it's disappointment that you people missed out on an excellent opportunity to improve your own gunfighting ability.

from a training perspective, 3 is probably the absolute least i'd want to train with for a group-geared event. but it doesn't matter to me if it's 3 or 15, for those who actually show. YOU get NO training in if you don't commit yourself, and fight adversity. these events are "fun," but they're primarily, secondarily, and tertiarily to help you survive a gunfight. you're forced into drills/positions/equipment trials/etc that you wouldnt'/couldn't find on your own individual range time. i made several mistakes today that i won't make again- things i wouldn't have discovered if not forced out of my element and pressed for performance. you just cant get that on your own.

i take this shit very seriously. you don't have to, but know that i WILL flick mad shit at people who dont. COMMIT YOURSELF! IT MAY SAVE YOUR OR YOUR LOVED ONES' LIVES SOMEDAY!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast