Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: CRPC Shoot No. 3 - April 24 - Debrief

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That'd actually have been fine for the shoot. You just need a holster, and that's good to go.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lfromsalem View Post
    Well, It might be a shorter list if I tell you what I DO have.
    Rifle, pistol, MAV, 3 mag rifle pouch, ear and eye protection.

Yep, I got along ways to go.
    so you need a holster, sling, and pistol mag pouch? sounds like you're not nearly as far off as you think. i've got an assload of old-school GI 3-mag pouches i could GIVE you, and you can get 2-mag pistol pouches for like $10 at Aloha surplus or similar (watch out for chicom shit). that just leaves a sling and holster... a GI 2-point sling is perfectly fine, otherwise even a BF sling is only like $40 shipped. i'd recommend getting a good holster- but a good belt holster still shouldnt set you back any more than $80, and possibly as little as $50, depending on what you get.

have you seen the gear i sport? basically all GI surplus.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Awesome pic/vids. I'm in for the next one no problemo. I'm waiting on a new cheaper to shoot pistol than my .45, but that should be gtg in a few weeks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    That'd actually have been fine for the shoot. You just need a holster, and that's good to go.
    aside from a sling (not sure if he has one or not), he probably could get away with nothing more than a pistol holster.

what pistol you got, Salem?

the whole point of the PNW training meet is to increase your gunfighting skill- since we're not soldiers, your carbine gear doesn't need to be THAT squared away. t-bone187, for instance, just runs a belt pack full of magazines, a kydex belt holster, and single-point sling... talk about simplicity. and the fact of the matter is, if he needs to gear up for a real-life carbine emergency, he's more prepared with that gear than the rest of us with our bigass belts/LCEs/carriers/etc.

the important thing is that you run what you're gonna use back on the block- whatever system that's gonna be. simple is not a negative here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I do also have a sling now(MS2).
    Pistol is a G19 w/X300.

And...Only have 1 20rd and 4 30rd mags.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pistol is a G19 w/X300.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Tactical-L...product_images

http://www.blade-tech.com/Tactical-L...op-pr-952.html

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Pistol is a G19 w/X300.

As the others have said, you're more prepared than you think. As Ben mentioned, it should be fairly easy for you to to pick up the few things you need even on a short budget.

OR, If you come out to the next shoot I've got a couple G19 holsters you can try/borrow (not light compatible holsters but they'd work for the day) and I have plenty of pistol mag pouches sitting around. Figured I'd offer so you have the option to try some different stuff before you buy.
    Last edited by Dutchy556; 04-26-10 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

I was replying while this was posted - The blade tech light bearing holsters would be a good choice. RCS is good too, but the wait time is nuts right now.

If you're looking to carry solely OWB on a duty or battle belt set up have a look at the Safariland ALS series as well (I run 6320s on my battle belt).

I'm sure some others might chime in with suggestions.

And like I said, you're more than welcome to try out an MTAC or Kramer #3 at the next shoot but no dice on the x300 with those.
    Last edited by Dutchy556; 04-26-10 at 15:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow.....

I must say, you guy's are freakin awesome! Everybody seems really nice, and fast responses too!
    I will start savin' ammo for the next time now.

Oh yea, and sorry if I got the thread off track.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    Ben, BKB, running the move, urban prone, and shoot drill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S7y9-8j15o
    the benefit of video of yourself is crazy.. i cant believe i never really thought to do so before. that FTF, for instance- after about the 5th time watching the vid, i finally noticed it's one of my brownell's mags that hung up- again. with all our topping-off, i bet i topped that one and the one before up to 30.. i'll have to keep an eye on that.

also need to be making better use of cover.. i did fine on the reload, but should have ducked back again for the malf clear.

gotta better anticipate those shoulder transitions.. have the weapon shouldered before peeking the corner.. , and making sure my thumb is all the way around so i dont have to reach for the safety so far once i'm eyes-on.

and i did no search nor assess at the end.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 04-26-10 at 16:51.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast