Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CRPC Shoot No. 3 - April 24 - Debrief

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lfromsalem View Post
    Wow.....

I must say, you guy's are freakin awesome! Everybody seems really nice, and fast responses too!
    I will start savin' ammo for the next time now.

Oh yea, and sorry if I got the thread off track.

its cool. if we wanted to get into the detailed merits of one holster or other piece of kit over the other, a new thread should be started- but right now, but this one's in back-fill mode.. doesn't really matter.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the benefit of video of yourself is crazy..
    I was thinking the same thing last night, the vids are a good learning tool. I've been going over mine a few times and picking up areas I can improve in as well.

I think we should make it a habit to film as many drills as possible for the purposes of reviewing stuff after the fact, could be a very valuable learning tool not only for ourselves but for our whole group if we're willing to be open and honest about our strengths and weaknesses as shooters.

Not to mention you get to look cool on the internet.

lfromsalem - Always happy to offer advice or assistance, glad to hear you're gonna get some ammo set aside, looking forward to meeting you at the next get together!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just watched the vid's.
    Now I really can't wait!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy556 View Post
    I think we should make it a habit to film as many drills as possible for the purposes of reviewing stuff after the fact, could be a very valuable learning tool not only for ourselves but for our whole group if we're willing to be open and honest about our strengths and weaknesses as shooters.
    Let me run this through my translator app...here goes...

BEEP BOOP WHIR BOOP BING WONKA SPROING!

Result: We want Titleist to do more work at the shoots, and less shooting of guns.

Well screw you guys!
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Nah I'll actually bust out my camera as well... for real the next time! I know I almost always say I'll take pictures and either forget my camera or am too lazy...

Still think its a good idea...
    Last edited by Dutchy556; 04-27-10 at 01:21.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, videos of my matches up here have definitely helped me spot my weaknesses with shooting/moving, and see how i actual react under the "stress" of a timer, and has helped me identify problems I never had.

I'll help video tape with my point and shoot next time. I'd just kindly ask that the next one of these M4C events is on the 1st or 4th saturday of the month. 2nd Saturday of the month is tactical rifle matches up in Custer and Practical Rifle down in Portland (Tri County Gun Club), 3rd Saturday is IDPA/USPSA for Seattle area shooters, etc etc.
    Last edited by Fontaine; 04-28-10 at 01:32.

Feedback Score

I bad

Looks like a good day, just didnt have it all covered on the home front.
    Salem guy, I also have a boat load of gear, so dont let that slow ya down with the training.

It looks like my turn to set up another meeting. How does the 22 of May work for everyone? Enought time to get ammo, and if I get more then four and myself I'll have to do a letter to DR to get us all in.

What I do need is a group name in order to do that: So what do we call ourselfs? We also need to make sure no one else is using the name.

Glad ya all had a good training.

Be safe
    Rob L

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    22 May is a no-go for me - I'll be in the middle of a wilderness survival class.

Weekend of the 15th & 16th I also have another class... other than that I should be open but obviously this thing ain't riding solely on yours truly.

Maybe start a new thread for figuring everything out?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456