Thread: Which Non-Folding Rear BUIS?

Feedback Score

Which Non-Folding Rear BUIS?

I am currently putting my SBR together part by part and I need suggestions. In its initial configuration it will be the most inexpensive and required only parts for a functioning gun. The lower is a Sabre Defense with Stag/CMT LPK and stock (for now) w/ H buffer. The upper is a 10.5" LMT with standard handguards (for now). I will be getting a LMT BCG and PRI Gasbuster charging handle (I think). The last thing I need is a rear BUIS. At some point down the road I will put on a rail system, probably Troy 10", maybe a red dot, a flashlight, and a CTR w/ upgraded ismi spring. With not having a scope, I will be using the iron sights and really do not have the need for folding ones, plus the non-folding ones are cheaper.

So the qustions is which one, out of the LMT or LaRue, is better? I know the LaRue is cheaper. Is the LMT worth the extra money? If I could get them both for the same price, which one would you get?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    The LT has the lever on the right side, this makes it easier IMO to manipulate the charging handle.
    I keep hearing about my gun rights, but I just can't seem to find them.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I would get the Larue and put the cost difference towards paying the extra for the same-plane rear aperature.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Larue. Simple, compact, tank tough, leaves the charging handle clear, no BS useless elevation complications.

Feedback Score
    +1 LaRue

I've got a LMT BUIS on my LMT 16" carbine and in my opinion it's overkill, it weighs more than the LaRue and I don't really use the elevation of my LMT BUIS at the close ranges I use it.

I also agree that the LMT BUIS have a large mounting thumb screw on the left side which interferes with the CH, it could be changed to a smaller profile fastener but it's still too close to the CH, not a problem with LaRue.

I'm just going to use my LMT BUIS on my next 20" or 18" rifle project.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Or just chop down a carry handle if you've got an extra one laying around you don't use.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score

Fixed BUIS

LaRue's BUIS is robust and very well built. I love mine. Nothing to flip up when the optics go down.
    "Most standards are set low to accomodate the bottom feeders of life who lack the personal pride, motivation and determination to rise above the rest." - Paul Howe