Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vertx tac pants - 50% off

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Vertx tac pants - 50% off

These pants got favorable reviews on MM and other sites, and for $30 shipped I'll give them a shot. I like the way Arc'teryx fits, and these were co-developed with that pricey Canadian "bird", so it will be interesting to see how these compare to all the other 50 tactical khakis on the market.

enter coupon code "facefan200"

http://www.vertxtactical.com/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Confirmed! Awesome pants for $30. Thanks man!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    anyone have any comments on fit? I'm not a big fan of $60 pants, but $60 pants for $30 I might just be all over.

I wear a 34/32 in jeans with room for the CCW IWB.

Feedback Score
    I have had a pair of these for about 5 months now. They have some nice features and are very good quality gear. Are they head & shoulders above the other tactical pants on the market? No, but they are very nice. I like the design of the side pockets and the articulating knees.

I plan on buying more.

Lynn

Feedback Score
    I don't have experience with other brands or styles of tactical pants, but I did pick up 2 pair of these about a month ago. I absolutely love fit, feel, comfort and features of these pants. They don't scream tactical, and they can even be worn in nicer dress environments without raising an eyebrow. The only thing I don't like is that they are a magnet for pet hair and lint. I have noticed that since they have been through the wash a few times, they are getting better about not collecting as much crap. I just ordered 3 more pair at $30 ea. Thanks to Boss Hogg!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got the same concerns that Rob has. How does the sizing compare to 5.11s? Does the tan fade to the pale white color seen in 5.11s?

BTW, SKD has a sale going on for their new tactical pants. They were not happy with some of the minor QC issues, and knocked them down in price.

http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/gear.1.html#skdbdu2
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If its the khakis you are looking at, I have started wearing Mountain Khakis and have been very pleased with the quality, comfort and sizing. The Originals are nice but I think I like the Teton ones best. I will be ordering another half dozen pair when they are on sale again....

They seem to be very durable, triple stitched, crotch reinforced, bottom of the legs reinforced, rear pockets reinforced and a notch on both sides of front pockets for a knife... Grey Group had them on sale for around 40 bucks which in my opinion is a value for the quality you are getting.

I also like that they are not "tacticool" and can be worn at the office or at the range and classes etc...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    I got the same concerns that Rob has. How does the sizing compare to 5.11s?
    I'm reading online mixed reports of folks saying they're dead nuts and folks saying they're a little snug. I suspect it's the elastic to some extent. I think I'm going to order a pair of the desert in my normal 34/32 jeans & khakis size and see what happens. I wish I could be more confident as I'd order two pairs if I could, but since you never really know for sure until they're washed, and then nobody will take things back...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I saw MM's review on these a few months back which got me interested, but I ended up completely forgetting about them. Thanks for the link & coupon code! I just ordered 2 pair (OD & DT).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    I got the same concerns that Rob has. How does the sizing compare to 5.11s? Does the tan fade to the pale white color seen in 5.11s?
    they fit 'true to size' on me, which is just right, but in comparison to TAD gear or some other pants, they're a bit snugger around the waist.
    the khaki is actually a very light tan. their desert tan is a darker shade, which i like better (i just haven't had time to put pics up to show the difference). between khaki and desert tan, i'd go with the desert tan.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast