Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: North Metro Area

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Checking in from the Southside, McDonough to be exact. Lets get an M4C shoot together!

Feedback Score
    if you guys are near mansfield, ga. ive mentioned this before, wma clybel range aka charlie elliot wildlife center has a decent outdoor range, never crowded in the mornings during the week, saturdays get a little busy. its 10 miles off exit 98 I-20East roughly 30-40 miles from the city. takes me about 45 min to get, and im in decatur.
    im trying to get out there twice a week,usually tues. thurs. set a few sillouette targets up and blast away some drills. the dnr guys there are super friendly and all they ask is that you sign-in, and pick up your spent casings & dont act a fool, other than that your pretty much free to shoot however you may shoot. . no autos, or suppressors, or anything over .50cal. no fees, no memberships. 100yrd, 50/25 yrd range.

10am-6pm mon-thrus
    closed sundays

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nichud09 View Post
    if you guys are near mansfield, ga. ive mentioned this before, wma clybel range aka charlie elliot wildlife center has a decent outdoor range, never crowded in the mornings during the week, saturdays get a little busy. its 10 miles off exit 98 I-20East roughly 30-40 miles from the city. takes me about 45 min to get, and im in decatur.
    im trying to get out there twice a week,usually tues. thurs. set a few sillouette targets up and blast away some drills. the dnr guys there are super friendly and all they ask is that you sign-in, and pick up your spent casings & dont act a fool, other than that your pretty much free to shoot however you may shoot. . no autos, or suppressors, or anything over .50cal. no fees, no memberships. 100yrd, 50/25 yrd range.

10am-6pm mon-thrus
    closed sundays
    It was really nice when the DNR wasn't there years ago. No too bad now though. I haven't been since I broke my ankle. Plenty of space and everyone does a good job of self regulation on when the line is hot and cold. May have to head out one Friday morning once it starts cooling off a little more. It is really the only 100yd place around that is close and free.

Feedback Score
    ahh yes i remember those days you are referring too when the dnr wasnt there. some of the best shooting, there were days when nobody was there at all. me and my buddies would run our own little carbine course. im pretty sure there was an incident there which forced the range to be supervised. sux. still at 10am every morning its great, no one there really.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nichud09 View Post

10am-6pm mon-thrus
    closed sundays
    I've been getting out to Charlie Elliot pretty often lately, at least every 2-3 weeks. There was a guy there recently with a suppressed bolt action Rem 700. I think they have eased up on the NFA stuff, at least suppressors and SBRs. I would love to meet you out there to shoot some silhouettes on a weekday, weekends have been insane out there lately.

Feedback Score
    So Trigger Time (new range in Braselton) opened this month. I've been there a couple times already. Decent place, but it has some quirks. Here are fees for those interested.

Individual shooters are $12.50, multiple shooters on same lane are $12.50 for the first and $7.50 for each additional w/ 4 per lane maximum. Mil/LEO/EMT discount is 10%. They have other discounts like ladies night and the like as well.

Overall, I like the place, but the one gripe I have is that they won't let you shoot closer than 7yds. Also no rapid fire allowed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Checking in from up Habersham way. I mostly use Wilson Shoals in Banks County or shoot on my buddy's land on account of them being free and all.

I wouldn't mind getting up with some folks and shooting sometime if you're ever in the area.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just wanted to say Hi to the other GA guys. I'm new on the board. Currently in the Griffin area.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Hey, I'm new to this site, but have been on TOS for 7 or so years. In the name of disclosure, I do work at Bullseye in Lawrenceville so I may or may not be biased (probably not). I live in Braselton. Would love to get together and shoot. Would love even more to get some training together in NE GA. There used to be some going pretty regularly about 3-4 years ago it seemed like (guys like Lund and S-Dave) but haven't heard of any lately. Anything going down?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Hey, I'm new to this site, but have been on TOS for 7 or so years. In the name of disclosure, I do work at Bullseye in Lawrenceville so I may or may not be biased (probably not). I live in Braselton. Would love to get together and shoot. Would love even more to get some training together in NE GA. There used to be some going pretty regularly about 3-4 years ago it seemed like (guys like Lund and S-Dave) but haven't heard of any lately. Anything going down?
    I know Tactical Response held some classes in Conyers either last year or the year before that. I think they will be in Cartersville in 2011. Other than that, it seems most of the closest training is in either VA or NC. It would be nice to start some in state training though.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast