Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lower

Feedback Score

lower

Looking for a new lower to mate with my new BCM upper. I've narrowed it down to either the BCM4 lower or the LMT Defender lower.

I realize both are top shelf. My BCM upper is superlative, as is an older LMT lower I've used. If it matters, I'll be mounting a 16" middy to it.

Pro's and con's (if any) to each? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I went with a BCM lower to go with my 16" BCM midlength. Standard handguards and a carryhandle/A2 irons at this point, but an Aimpoint T1 is what will go on it when I get the $$$.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Pro's and con's (if any) to each? Thanks.
    unless you like SOPMODs, nope.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know what kind of grip comes with the BCM4? I love the feel of the Ergo on the LMT.

The BCM4 comes with an H buffer, the LMT with a carbine buffer. Any reason to prefer one over the other when using a middy?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anyone know what kind of grip comes with the BCM4? I love the feel of the Ergo on the LMT.

The BCM4 comes with an H buffer, the LMT with a carbine buffer. Any reason to prefer one over the other when using a middy?
    for a mid, it doesn't really matter.. some mids have problems with Hs, most mids just aren't noticeably effected by them.

Feedback Score
    Don't mean to hijack but rather then start a new thread.

I was thinking of gong with the LMT Sopmod lower for the BCM ML upper are there issues with that?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbug View Post
    Don't mean to hijack but rather then start a new thread.

I was thinking of gong with the LMT Sopmod lower for the BCM ML upper are there issues with that?
    nope.

Feedback Score
    I hate to open up a can of worms, but here goes.

I notice the BCM4 lower has a low shelf for a RDIAS, and I believe the LMT does not. As I have absolutely no intention or desire for full auto, is this low shelf a feature I still want? If yes, why?

I've got a FA BCG from Bravo Co. If I also had the ability for a RDIAS, am I standing by the edge of the slippery slope?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I hate to open up a can of worms, but here goes.

I notice the BCM4 lower has a low shelf for a RDIAS, and I believe the LMT does not. As I have absolutely no intention or desire for full auto, is this low shelf a feature I still want? If yes, why?

I've got a FA BCG from Bravo Co. If I also had the ability for a RDIAS, am I standing by the edge of the slippery slope?
    nope.

Feedback Score
    "Nope" it's not a feature I want, or "nope" I'm not near the edge of the slippery slope.

I'm guessing your reference is to the latter, but is this a feature that can aid reliability (such as a FA carrier vs a SA carrier) or is it desirable because liberals don't like it (like the bayonet lug).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast