Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SHTF Fixed blade

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

SHTF Fixed blade

What fixed blade do you carry on your 1st line gear or will you use in a shtf scenario? How much is too much money? Rat for low $100s or Spartan/Strider in the $3-400s? When does "You get what you pay for", not hold as much water?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I've always been pretty happy with my Strider EBS. It's fairly compact but large enough I've gotten good use out of it in a work role.

I have been thinking for a while about going to a longer bladed knife. I'll be watching this thread to see what suggestions some have in a 5" or 6" style that they've been happy with.

Feedback Score
    Mine...

Busse SAR4.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I use a Gerber LMF II, it's not bad for $80. Very hefty knife, I use it for camping and when I have to carve up pumpkins for our Machine gun shoots
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It would probably be two of them--one an Ontario Rat-3, and the other a Spydie Muleteam 6 with micarta scales.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My Grayman has held up pretty good.

Feedback Score
    Rat Cutlery (Now ESEE Knives) RC-6

http://www.eseeknives.com/rc-6.htm

Matt
    "There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards; our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us. The work we're too afraid, too unskilled, or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, out of our cars, out of our houses, and out of our faces. We just don't want to see how its done."
    -Charles H. Webb, Ph.D.

Feedback Score
    I have a 20 year old carbon steel knife I bought for a high school job. It has hunted/worked with me ever since and I do not treat it like a lady. I think carbon steel is sometimes underrated.

Caveat: I am in no way an expert or even very educated about bladed weapons, I just have had good luck with carbon steel and have seen many stainless knives (not of the $400 ilk though) come and go that did not fare so well.
    Last edited by Aray; 02-14-10 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    As much as I hate to part with money, on my "as soon as I can afford it" list is the Strider DB - L.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Emerson PUK (Police Utility Knife).

Last edited by cevtv; 02-15-10 at 09:53.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast