Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shorter stock for Benelli M2? (Finished w/ pics!)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Update

Just an update for those remotely interested in this venture. I got word last night that the stock has been shortened and ready to make it's way back to Texas.
    I just need to call C-Rums up in the afternoon and make the payment.

I'm pretty excited. I'll take plenty of pictures once it arrives and I give it a thorough shake down.

ETA: Time frame has been 13 days since my stock made it to the 'smith.
    Last edited by 021411; 03-18-10 at 03:22.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

DONE!!

I got my stock back from C-Rums today. It's pretty freakin' sweet. The methodology is the same as what is currently done by others. Cut the stock, epoxy a wood block in, grind to fit the pad, and voila, you have shortened stock.

Sounds easier said than done for me. That's why I had to send it off.

Anyway the stock now has a length of pull of around 12" with the Limbsaver low profile pad installed. It's MUCH easier to handle with my vest and uniform on. Before hand, the M2 felt so front heavy because it was so far out.
    He took it down as far as it would go without having to resort to cutting the threads on the recoil tube where the stock is bolted on. I wish is was a teeny tiny bit shorter but beggars can't be choosers.

Time to take her back to work.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That looks pretty good and is pretty much the way I was doing it, but I feel that the crosspins I was using are very necessary. You could

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    That looks pretty good and is pretty much the way I was doing it, but I feel that the crosspins I was using are very necessary. To me the epoxy was just a space taker-upper and a way to hold things together for drilling the two crosspin holes. With all the hammering of a 12 gage I would not expect just the glude to do the job.... not saying it's impossible, just that a couple pins make it a sure thing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks for your input Ned. Do you think 4 screws (2 along each side) would do a good job of keeping the block in? I don't have access to a drill press and it would be easier for me to add small screws in instead of drilling long holes width wise and driving a long roll pin in.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Actually I think that's a very good solution. All the pins or screws haveto do is keep it from falling out to the back if the glue breaks loose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12