Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible BSR carbine course, NOVA

Feedback Score
    From what I do know about BSR is they were a "driving school " first. Teaching motorcade, Leo type driving, and high performance track driving. I've been to 2 of their track days , 1 driving school, and been there a few other times for just seat time on the road courses. Other driving instruction companies also use their tracks ( Summit Point Raceway). They have also been around alot longer than 5 years. I started racing with them back in 98 and they were there before that.

Not sure about MANTA and there info on BSR, but they have a much larger staff than 4. I'd guess atleast a dozen with support staff as well, not counting the motorpool guys.

Even though the website is a bit blah, they aren't a high society place. It is more like a grass roots establishment grown up with some success. Now I have no idea about the "tactical" side of BSR as I'm not a LEO or in the military, it could be a great program or it could be a over priced mistake. They have gotten alot of repeat business from the federal gov on past performance and they do have a great driving program. Oh and they are close

as I get more info I'll keep it posted

Feedback Score
    Grimlock, thanks for the update/correction on BSR - - 1st hand experience always trumps what you read on the error-net.

Will be standing by for info on possible training opportunities with them.

Thanks for your effort with this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
    Grimlock, thanks for the update/correction on BSR - - 1st hand experience always trumps what you read on the error-net.

Will be standing by for info on possible training opportunities with them.

Thanks for your effort with this.
    No problem Gary. I'll keep pestering them about time frames and more details ( including instructor profiles). I'm just glad there is civilian interest in the NOVA area for such a course.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
    No problem Gary. I'll keep pestering them about time frames and more details ( including instructor profiles). I'm just glad there is civilian interest in the NOVA area for such a course.
    NOVA probably has one of the highest concentrations of AR owners east of the Mississippi

Whether they're civilians or GS-_ of various elements of the Army of Northern Virginia, there are a lot here.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wasn't there a thread on here somewhere about BSR's driving course? I've tried a couple of searches but haven't turned it up yet. I've got a soon to be 17 year old I'd like to take to the accident avoidance course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12