Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing how quickly the appetite comes back!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Amazing how quickly the appetite comes back!

I've started some VERY light weight work in the mornings again after over a year, probably closer to two, off. I was at 180 at my peak of working out, eating right, etc. and am now down closer to 160. Family health issues, my own injuries, and time constraints all contributed to the downtime. When I first stopped working out I noticed the muscle I had turning to fat and so I have reduced my intake in the down time to at least stay trim (I'd rather be "skinny" and out of shape than fat and out of shape).

I'm sitting here at my desk now at 10 AM and already starving, even though my workouts are very, very light so far (almost entirely body-weight stuff) and I've already begun to increase my intake. Yesterday by the time I got home I was STARVING.

I think I'm going to have to get back to my old habits of keeping the desk drawers stocked with things like peanuts and mini cans of tuna. I actually already have a 3-pack of mini cans sitting here right now and I think I'm going to go scarf one down, mayo and relish be damned.

Feedback Score
    I always keep something on me to snack on if I get hungry while I'm out. My favorite have been the mini Clif bars that come in an 18 pack from the grocery store. Small, handy, and easy to eat on the go. The tuna cans are good, too, but I prefer the little tuna pouches myself.

I end up eating every 2-4 hours depending on what I'm doing, otherwise I end up starving if I wait for "normal" eating intervals. That way I stay satiated and don't pig out come meal time.

Here's a link to the Clif bars if you're interested, nutrition facts are on the page as well: http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_clif_bar_mini/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for the link. Looks good, but I'm not too thrilled with the psyllium in the ingredients list. At least there doesn't appear to be any fake sweeteners on first glance.

Ingredients:
    • Organic Brown Rice Syrup
    • Organic Rolled Oats
    • Soy Protein Isolate
    • Rice Flour
    • Barley Malt Extract
    • Organic Roasted Soybeans
    • Organic Soy Flour
    • Organic Evaporated Cane Juice
    • Evaporated Cane Juice
    • Unsweetened Chocolate
    • Cocoa Butter
    • Soy Lecithin
    • Natural Flavors
    • Organic Date Paste
    • Cocoa
    • Organic Sunflower Oil
    • Cocoa (processed with alkali)
    • Apple Fiber
    • Organic Oat Fiber
    • Organic Milled Flaxseed
    • Inulin [Chicory Extract
    • Psyllium
    • Natural Flavors
    • Sea Salt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Clif Bars are about the only good thing we get over here in our dining facilities, totally free of course. We used to get those HOOAH bars but these are much better.

They are very popular with the troops here as well.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    http://www.lance.com/products/sandwi...er-whole-grain

like you said "every 2 to 4 hours". Peanut butter crackers, fruit & nut mix, corn chips, whatever is free in the break room.

VMI-MO Guest
    Rice cake with peanut butter & bananna slices

Can of tuna

peanut butter & apple

peanut butter, honey, bananna sandwich

all good in my book

PJ

Feedback Score
    Clif Bars and Clif Blocks don't sound enticing at all based on their ingredients, but you may be supprised. And if you are a fat boy like me dip a choclate Clif Bar in peanutbutter.... SO GOOD!!! I'm the last guy to care about things being organic and what not, but don't let the ingredients fool you, Clif Bars are good.
    "The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chris Costa didn't kill you in your sleep."

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with the stuff in Cliff bars. As long as you are not taking in any type of enriched flours, hydrogonated oils or high fructos corn syrup you are fairly GTG. High fiber, high protien is the best.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Eating a Clif right now. Found them at Costco for $20/box of 24. This one is Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch and is pretty good. thanks to those that recommended them.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Cliff bars are horrid for you, but they do taste great!
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Don't count on anything you don't sleep with attached to your body to be present when you have to fight for your life.
    I will never get to train as much as I want to. So when I do I need to make it count.
    F@ck Yolo. Bangarang!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast