Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RRA Elite Operator vs Custom Built?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the rail and stock are pieces of shit, not worth much.. i would rather have plastic handguards and an M4 stock than either of those, for any application.
    The Entry and Tactical Operators come with plastic hand guards. And what exactly makes the RRA Operator stock a "piece of shit" out of curiosity? Just want to know in case there's something I don't know about. The stock feels solid as hell and forms an extremely comfortable cheek weld. There is VERY LITTLE wobble/play in the stock unlike what I have seen in many standard M4 style stocks that rattle/wobble a LOT.

If you're going to call something a POS, please elaborate as to why/what makes it a POS so those researching/reading have a valid reason for going with or not going with a certain product.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP.40 View Post
    The Entry and Tactical Operators come with plastic hand guards.
    the one the OP is talking about comes with RRA's weird smooth/railed handguard.

And what exactly makes the RRA Operator stock a "piece of shit" out of curiosity? Just want to know in case there's something I don't know about. The stock feels solid as hell and forms an extremely comfortable cheek weld. There is VERY LITTLE wobble/play in the stock unlike what I have seen in many standard M4 style stocks that rattle/wobble a LOT.

If you're going to call something a POS, please elaborate as to why/what makes it a POS so those researching/reading have a valid reason for going with or not going with a certain product.
    the handful i played with rattled, literally, worse than M4 stocks, the removable buttpad piece on one of them wouldn't stay put and would fall off if bumped right, it's constructed from thin, flimsy plastic... i feel like i had some other negative observations, but cant think off the top of my head. the reports i've heard from others' experiences have been equally unimpressive.. they're just cheap alternatives to the better SOPMOD and Emods- and you get what you pay for, as always. i'd much rather have an M4 stock with no moving pieces attached by 3 little plastic clips to fail on me.

furthermore, i haven't heard any positive comments from anyone whose opinion i value even the smallest bit... they're just not well received in general.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    the one the OP is talking about comes with RRA's weird smooth/railed handguard.

the handful i played with rattled, literally, worse than M4 stocks, the removable buttpad piece on one of them wouldn't stay put and would fall off if bumped right, it's constructed from thin, flimsy plastic... i feel like i had some other negative observations, but cant think off the top of my head. the reports i've heard from others' experiences have been equally unimpressive.. they're just cheap alternatives to the better SOPMOD and Emods- and you get what you pay for, as always. i'd much rather have an M4 stock with no moving pieces attached by 3 little plastic clips to fail on me.

furthermore, i haven't heard any positive comments from anyone whose opinion i value even the smallest bit... they're just not well received in general.
    Either they redesigned them since you last held one or I got lucky because my butt plate is not meant to be removable unless you take out an allen screw located in the center of the butt plate rubber pad and even then, that only removes the rubber pad. It slides up and down but it's on a "track" so it cannot simply fall off (I pulled hard on mine in all directions...not even a wiggle, that thing is SOLID on there.) Also, the thinnest part of plastic I found on mine was an 1/8" thick. That's not thin or flimsy by any means. I'm not saying what you observed isn't what you observed, I am just saying that the stock that came on mine sounds nothing like what you saw. Here's some pics for reference:

This shows 1/8" (actually a fraction more than 1/8") thick plastic

Forms a snug but not too snug fit around the buffer tube:

Feedback Score

Another first AR guy...

Had ordered a RRA Elite Operator in February using the $1060 coupon they had off the website. Early June it was still not in. Had been reading and researching during the interim. Finally said, the heck with that, cancelled the order and built my own. Close to double the cost, but will "not be a zombie with sub-par gear." Thanks to M4carbine for the wealth of info. Specs below - will post pics once the lower arrives from Grant.

• BCM BFH 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ Daniel Defense LITE 12" Handguard w/BCM BCG
    • Daniel Defense Lower (GR & LMT LPK, BCM 6-pos receiver extension, CO chrome silicon spring, Magpul enhanced trigger guard, Ergo grips, Magpul ACS stock w/.70” enhanced buttpad)
    • BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle, M4 Med.
    • 6 PMags 30rd clips w/windows w/ranger plates
    • Troy folding battle sights - front and rear
    • Troy modular foregrip
    • Magpul B.A.D. lever
    • Vltor SM-OCG offset light mount
    • Surefire 6P (had) w/Malkoff M61 260-lumin mod
    • Tactical Link Z-360 sling mount
    • P.I.G. drop-slider MK-1 sling
    • 42” UTG Leapers tactical case from CheaperThanDirt.com
    • Lula loader & several boxes of UMC Remington .223 rounds (both FMJ and hollowpoints)

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I love a happy ending.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    awesome

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123