Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Belgish Super Soaker (aka FN FS 2000) w/pics

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Thanks Greg.

I'm really intrigued by this platform.

FN rocks! I have to agree with LAV when he said that FN has been one of the few companies providing innovative black-rifle goodness to civilians through the federal AWB. The FS2K is a great example of that.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Nice 'pup!

I, myself, am torn between an FS2000 and the Steyr AUG A3, perhaps with a NATO stock. Sort of leaning Steyr at the moment.

Tim

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I've been tempted to buy one of these once or twice but never did as I read about reliability problems. Please keep us up to date on that subject.
    So the barrel is 17.4" long? Is that with the Flash Hider? Are you considering getting the barrel cut down to 14.7" or so and permanently attach a FH for 16.1" overall length? I would like to see one like that. How much did you pay for it?

Feedback Score

Arrow 40 rd

Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    Magwell. The gun does not drop mags freely - the mag release button only unlatches the mag, and it must be pulled away from the magwell.

Most people use the first joint of their index finger to push the button (upward motion) and then pull on the mag with the entire hand (downward motion).

Also, note that only GI 30 round AR/M16 mags (and 10 round mags made by FN) work in this gun. It is impossible to get a 10 or 20 rounder in there. PMAGS don't fit.

I ordered a bunch of Magpul E-mags, but they didn't arrive in time for this writeup. Will update in a later post.

I have 5 40 round C-Product magazines. They have anti tilt followers and fit the FN FS2000.

Tom

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ColdDeadHands View Post
    I've been tempted to buy one of these once or twice but never did as I read about reliability problems. Please keep us up to date on that subject.

So the barrel is 17.4" long? Is that with the Flash Hider? Are you considering getting the barrel cut down to 14.7" or so and permanently attach a FH for 16.1" overall length? I would like to see one like that. How much did you pay for it?
    I live in a ban state, so the model I have has a muzzle brake that is permanently attached.

I think the going rate for new ones (recently) is south of $1,700. I traded a 1911 pistol for mine, so I'm not terribly sure if I can provide you with an exact value.

FN is offering a $250 rebate for new FS2000 purchases through February 28.

http://www.fnhusa.com/le/promos/0910carbine.html
    Last edited by 30 cal slut; 02-21-10 at 06:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

CDH - thanks for reminding me about the reliability issues.

I don't have enough rounds downrange to give you definitive feedback.

I basically sighted in the optic and plinked a little. About a 100 rounds so far.

I did have 2 FTF's late in the session, and I'll offer you my anecdotal $0.02 worth.

I was using two magazines, both of which were pre-Sep 1994 vintage.

One was new in wrapper Colt GI mag (pre 9/94).

The other was a new in wrapper Okay Industries mag (date stamped 1992).

Prior to the range session, I changed the magazine spring and the follower in the Okay Industries mag (with ISM chrome silicon springs and a green magpul follower - thanks Cold Zero for that tip).

I left the Colt magazine as-is (with a 15+ year old spring and the original lime-green follower).

The magazine associated with the two FTF's ... was ... the Colt.

Not much of a data point, but perhaps thus far the misfeeds (rounds getting tangled up in that white hunk of plastic on the bolt carrier group) could be attributable to the mags themselves.

But it's too early to tell.
    Last edited by 30 cal slut; 02-21-10 at 07:03.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the review 30 cal slut.

The addition of the FN Tri-Rail system does add to the aesthetics of the weapon. I always thought the bulkiness of the forearm was a big minus.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    Thanks for the review 30 cal slut.

The addition of the FN Tri-Rail system does add to the aesthetics of the weapon. I always thought the bulkiness of the forearm was a big minus.
    Funny, when handling the FS2000 I don't find the bulkiness to be awkward at all. In fact it's a little counterintuitive to suggest that bulkiness is a downside for a bullpup. The fact is that these are pretty compact weapons. I find the length of any given carbine/rifle to be far more influential on how agile it is.

Very curious to know how this carbine performs.

Thanks,
    Tim

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Johnny Rico called, he wants his blaster back.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast