Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul Dynamics in the KY area...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Knox area ... and interested.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    My father and I are both VERY Interested in taking this class!! 2011 works for us as I am currently out of the country till fall anyhow...

Dad is a member of Fern Creek Sportsman's Club just south of Louisville. I have shot there many of times and they have a top notch facility!! A bunch of different ranges and they are always having special events... beautiflul place too with a Lake on the premesis that is real nce.

I am sure that if this was to go down my Dad could talk with them and they would be all for having the class there!

http://www.ferncreeksportsmansclub.com/
    Last edited by Uin2it; 05-26-10 at 13:49.

Feedback Score
    I am friends with LMT rocks as I live in Lex also. I would be very interested to go. I believe I could get at least 1-3 guys to commit from the Lexington Police Department. Keep us updated. I would go to either but prefer the carbine course. Any idea on how much the classes usually go for? Its been awhile since I checked.

PS- If I remember correctly, their is a range in Bourbon county. Its private but I do know that several Bourbon county Sheriffs use it to shoot. I overheard a conversation between a few LEO"s about how nice it is.

Ky Cop
    Last edited by Kentucky Cop; 05-26-10 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    As of now the range I hope to have it at is in Winchester. Slingpoint will be opening the range in July hopefully. Now just waiting on Magpul to contact me to set it up.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    I am friends with LMT rocks as I live in Lex also. I would be very interested to go. I believe I could get at least 1-3 guys to commit from the Lexington Police Department. Keep us updated. I would go to either but prefer the carbine course. Any idea on how much the classes usually go for? Its been awhile since I checked.

PS- If I remember correctly, their is a range in Bourbon county. Its private but I do know that several Bourbon county Sheriffs use it to shoot. I overheard a conversation between a few LEO"s about how nice it is.

Ky Cop
    I live in lex as well, about how far is Bourbon from Lex?
    I'd say around $500 or so but its been awhile since I've checked.
    Another question is does anyone know the min and max amount of people for each class?
    Its only until we have nothing that we're free to do anything

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    The Carbine 1 class is $500, 1500 rds for rifle and 200 for pistol, plus whatever range fee that is applicable.

Not sure how far Bourbon is from Lex... but Paris would be Bourbon county. The minimum for a class is 18 students.

Also as a sidenote would anybody be interested in starting a M4C Ky area group and maybe some tactical shoots. I am from Richmond so Lex isn't that much of an out of the way place for me to go. this would be great especially once Slingpoint opens their range.
    Last edited by Sierrahotel83; 05-26-10 at 17:18.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some shoots and get togethers would definitely be cool, I've got no shooting buddies currently! Surprising that there are so many here in/near Lex.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Agreed, I think if nothing else maybe once slingpoint opens their range doing an informal get together and shoot.

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bud's Gunshop is opening its range in mid-to-late June too, in case Slingpoint is delayed. It's only 25 yard indoor of course.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Yeah they are but I priced it, in my opinion it is too expensive... at least for me.

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast