Thread: Springfield Armory Saint (so far)

Feedback Score

Springfield Armory Saint (so far)

Reading the various reviews on the Saint, opinions seem to be generally positive. As I understand it, it features a Melonite bore which has spawned some debate in the "Chrome vs Melonite" arena. I know a couple folks who won't buy it because of the 1/8 twist vs 1/7. To each their own, I guess.

So, would this be categorized as a "mid-tier" gun, between the Bushmaster/Stag/etc range and the Colt/Daniel Defense/BCM level?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Reading the various reviews on the Saint, opinions seem to be generally positive. As I understand it, it features a Melonite bore which has spawned some debate in the "Chrome vs Melonite" arena. I know a couple folks who won't buy it because of the 1/8 twist vs 1/7. To each their own, I guess.

So, would this be categorized as a "mid-tier" gun, between the Bushmaster/Stag/etc range and the Colt/Daniel Defense/BCM level?

I've used Melonite barrels since 2000, they aren't new in the AR platform. Anyone still stuck on that has their own worries. The quality of the barrel isn't based on chrome vs QPQ. Regarding the 1-8 barrel rate, there shouldn't be much complaint that way in actually using the barrel.

Mid tier? Possibly, but only if you are looking at paper stats, how the weapon is assembled and how it plays out in real world use is still an unknown.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grant won the 100 popper challenge in Vegas and was awarded a Saint. I checked one out and for the money, I'd still rather go Colt but, compared with the other rifles in that price range, it's probably better than most.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    This was a favorable review.

Last edited by tehpwnag3; 04-10-17 at 08:22.