Thread: 3 lug AR barrels

Feedback Score

3 lug AR barrels

Does anyone sell these off the shelf?

What length will allow me to shoot cheap standard velocity stuff and remain subsonic? 5"? 10"?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    9mm? Mark McWillis @ TROS.

Standard lengths are 5" and 9.25".

Feedback Score
    Perfect! I have one on the way.

'Splain something else to me. The 3-lug mount looks like a quick and easy way to mount a silencer, so why are they only used for subguns? The spring won't survive the heat in a rifle can?

Feedback Score
    There is not enough mating surface to handle the stress of a centerfire rifle cartridge and there is some question about alignment. In fact, HK only intended it for flash hiders and did not consider it acceptable for suppressors. The Navy did not either and went with a threadmount. I like it on an MP5 and M16, and I just got an UZI 3-lug barrel also. I have not had any problems and it is pretty well accepted.

The Gemtech BiLock is along the same lines and designed to work for a rifle but has two larger lugs and is designed to only go on one way to help keep POI shift constant.

Feedback Score
    I just got a 5" 9mm TROS 3-lug in the mail yesterday. You'll like it, it is very nicely machined. Too bad I have to wait until this weekend to assemble the carbine and try her out!