Thread: BCM 03 MSF Initial review...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

BCM 03 MSF Initial review...

I know there are several posts and threads on this so I thought I would start a new on based on an initial review.

Order placed on Monday the 8th and arrived today the 11th, prompt shipping from BCM.

First impression when opening from box was that it was smaller than I thought it would be. To me it just looked small, for some reason I thought it would be bigger. I promptly put it on and loaded it up with mags. There is a TON of adjustment in this thing I'm confident it would fit almost any body size.

The mags fit nice and snug and feel secure with the bungee straps. I used my bladder from my Camelbak mule, it was a snug fit but it went in. I believe it is advertised to hold up to 100 oz bladder system and that is what I have in it.

Adjustments are made very easy and I eventually found what I feel to be a comfortable fit, for me at least. More to come on that though when I get to the range.

It has two internal "admin" pocket sewn on the inside of the rig. The only thing I wish it had with that was some velcro to secure them shut, maybe something I can have my wife rig up.

As you can see from the pics it appears Blue Force Gear is making this for BCM which is cool, I didn't know that until today.

It was comfortable to go prone and I had no issues with the mags jabbing my rib cage or anything like that. Again it wears comfortably and the weight is evenly distrubuted. Color was good IMO and even matched my tactical living room carpet .

More to come once I get it to the range and try it out for a bit. I was able though to easily draw my holstered weapon without much trouble at all. Nothing seemed to get in the way, at least nothing I could determine today.

I plan on adding 2 pistol pouches to the weak side (either a double or 2 singles). I also plan to possibly attach a boo boo/trauma kit to the back side of the hydro carrier. Not much more room on the rig to mount anything else without getting too cludered, if I run a dump pouch I will more than likely attach that to a belt, might do the same thing with a med kit.

Here are a few photos.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    i need to pick one of these up.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Good review.

Got the email notification that mine shipped out today.

Scoby

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I can't imagine this thing does very well with a jump test. The oblique straps are pretty narrow (1").

When you're running, how much do your mag-boobs shake? I'd imagine having a loaded hydration pouch in the back helps stabilize it a little.
    Last edited by StrikeFace; 03-12-10 at 01:39.
    Instructions: Remain calm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    might have to add a belt strap. do you like having the mags that high? seems like it would jam you up real good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    It has two internal "admin" pocket sewn on the inside of the rig. The only thing I wish it had with that was some velcro to secure them shut, maybe something I can have my wife rig up.

As you can see from the pics it appears Blue Force Gear is making this for BCM which is cool, I didn't know that until today.
    We went with an open top design for two reasons. The main reason is that the items that would often be stored down in the pouch like maps often need to retrieved quietly. It also makes it much easier to get in and out of them (obviously) with the rig pressed up against the chest or an armor plate when worn. I personally use them to jam my gloves into when I need to stow them quickly.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply on the pouch, that makes sense, I will leave it as is.

I have adjusted it down some and rides a little lower now than shown in the pics. The mags don't ride as high as you would think. There is a lower back strap that is easily tightened and loosened with one hand. If you are standing you can cinch it up so the rig doesn't move when running or if you sit and want to release some tension just slide it out some.

Don't know about a jump test. To me that can me several differnt things but to you .mil/leo guys out there that might literally mean jumping out of a plane, not sure. I am just a civie so go easy on me .