Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So you want to reload but you don’t know where to begin (??)

Feedback Score
    SSTTIIIICCCKKKKEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY!!!

nice post

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Nice post.

You put a lot of time/energy/effort into this thread.

It has served me very well and I thank you.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Bump for a good thread with a lot of good links which deserve to be stickied.

Feedback Score
    Excellent post, thank you Linkpimp!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    Waste of money. Start with the progressive and use it like a single stage to learn with... Just put one round in and treat it like a simple turret.

There is nothing you can learn on a single stage that you cannot learn on a progressive.
    So...for a shooter that's averaging four or five thousand rounds of 5.56 per year and getting ready to start shooting a hell of a lot more 9mm(since I suck beyond belief with a handgun,) do you recommend I buy the 550 from you or the 650?

Keep in mind I've never loaded a single round on any press in my entire life.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    So...for a shooter that's averaging four or five thousand rounds of 5.56 per year and getting ready to start shooting a hell of a lot more 9mm(since I suck beyond belief with a handgun,) do you recommend I buy the 550 from you or the 650?

Keep in mind I've never loaded a single round on any press in my entire life.
    I would think it best to discuss this verbally. Makes it easier to ask questions and provide answers in a short amount of time.

However, either the 550 or 650 would work. The 550 is a little easier to set up. The 650 is more geared towards volume.

The 650 and stuff is more expensive.

The important thing is to start slow and work through the learning curve -- don't try and start pumping out 500 an hour or so. That will come once you feel comfortable with what you are doing.

There are various sequences of case prep and stuff that people do for 223 and I am working on my own for 9mm as well. But getting started with the basics is a matter of time and learning.

If you want to discuss your needs I'd be happy to chat with you. 888 534 9585 x4. I am normally around days (mountain time) starting late mornings. Today we have a family thing so will be out most of the day until after 3pm my time. But normally I am around and can chat about this if you would like.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    One thing I didn't see in the list is a swager. I know it's not a necessity, however I found when I started reloading my spent brass this weekend that I needed one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for the post. I wish you were around when I started to reload!

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Great thread and info...thank you! I've always wanted to reload.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Fantastic thread, thanks for this!

Sticky!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast