Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: So you want to reload but you don’t know where to begin (??)

Feedback Score
    Thanks for this. You just saved me (and cost me) a lot of money

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for posting this thread, I'm starting with reloading and this was helpful.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    So glad this thread is sticky. I am all new to reloading. Many thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for taking the time and effort in helping us novices out. I think this spring ill give this a shot. No pun intended.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Awesome sticky. Thank you.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Is this book ok? Just looks like the newer edition.

http://www.amazon.com/The-ABCs-Of-Re...8/ref=rec_dp_2

The one in your link is not almost $120.

Thanks!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just read this entire thread and damn I'm impressed!!! I was very intimidated by reloading, but have always wanted to get into it so I can always have ammo and save some money in the long run. I now have the confidence I needed to go ahead and get going on learning to reload.

Thanks Linkpimp!
    America is not at war... The U.S. Military is at war... America is at the mall.
    I love cigars!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I had a guy come over on Sunday and we spent 5 hours going from Decap and SS media tumble, all the way to finished ammo that he took with him.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

little late

Should have done this a year ago, but better late than never?

Is the Lee Classic Turret still a good choice for a first press for loading a good bit of rifle (.223/5.56) and pistol (.40cal)?

I see the kit from Kempf's is still there like in the original post and after reading this thread I think I'm going to go that route.

Thanks
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    Should have done this a year ago, but better late than never?

Is the Lee Classic Turret still a good choice for a first press for loading a good bit of rifle (.223/5.56) and pistol (.40cal)?

I see the kit from Kempf's is still there like in the original post and after reading this thread I think I'm going to go that route.

Thanks
    If you can afford to upgrade get a 550. You can use it like a turret or a progressive. If you can not go up in price that far find yourself a redding t7. It is the best turret press around. Lee presses can do the job, but are often problematic requiring frequent tuning. In my time reloading the presses i have seen go down the most are lee presses.

You will get a lot of loaders that use lee who will swear by them and claim they have no flaws. There responses are generally emotinal and not factual. You can have a lee press that will run great or you get one that requires constant tinkering. Spend a little extra now and get something your children will be using.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast